Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2005-2008 Sacagawea's

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 262Next Topic  

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add famiglietti49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
OK So I am assembling a collection of Sacagawea's from 2000-2008. I am looking for NON SATIN finish. I have bought some mint sets from that time frame and I was intending to send them in for grading but I was told that the mint sets contained SATIN finishes. So where do I buy the non-Satin finish Sacagawea's?

thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44584 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wouldn't it cost you more to send them in than they are worth? As a general rule a coin need a minimum retail value after slabbing of $100 to $150. Here is a useful site:http://www.smalldollars.com/index.html#sacagawea
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
01/24/2022 11:29 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2269 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To complete John: A collector do not look at the slab. Him or Her want the coin or the series.

Thanks John for the Link.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10279 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why not buy them already graded. It would be cheaper than sending them in.
Here's a search for you.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dc...C2007%7C2008
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Non satin finish would have to come from regular business strikes found in rolls or mint bags.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1667 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to get the non-satin strike coins from 2005-2008, they were not released to circulation from 2002 onward.

So to get the regular business strike you'd need to find bags or rolls that people bought from the mint directly.
I would also suggest buying them by the roll so you can get the nicest choice of the roll rather than buying singles unless you are sure of the condition.

I'd say ebay best place to hunt for a good deal. there's also coin selling websites you could buy uncirculated examples of for $2-$6 each, but there's no guarantees on the condition besides uncirculated.

if you have patience, you can probably buy graded, MS67, maybe even MS68 non- satin slabs for like $20 or under each for the ones you still need. nobody cares about the Sac dollars really except top population registry set people. they get expensive close to top populations.
but for a nice example, it's probably cheaper to buy them slabbed and quicker than submitting something yourself.
BUT if you were looking for a registry set.. don't know what to tell ya except good luck!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7325 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The satin finish coin were minted from 2005-2010 and were available in the 'uncirculated' mint sets. So if you stay away from the mint sets, you should be ok.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 262Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: