Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1928 Wheat Penny Misspelled Date And Trust

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 464Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  02:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Shannon1722 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1105 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  04:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shannon1722 and

If possible, would you be able to take another photo because it's too hard to make out the detail in the one that you've posted?

Maybe include a close-up of the wording as well?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8017 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe we're looking at circulation damage and wear accumulated over the years. Fresh, close-in, sharp images may tell us more.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14636 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do you misspell a date?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67600 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guessing this is just circulation damage.

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
112066 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57332 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost looks counterfeit? But why? Here is a side by side comparison on an earlier die state coin and a later die state coin:

Just not seeing that on the coin posted on the thread.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7350 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1615 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(coop, the images appear reversed in that comparison, for example, pixel counting has the left Lincoln larger than the right, and fwiw, to me they both look like fairly early die states)
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OP's photo is too pixelated to see details. Try a smaller size not zoomed in.
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 464Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: