Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

50+ Coins To Id, Need Help!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 2,304Next Topic  
New Member
New2Coins's Avatar
Jordan
4 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  9:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add New2Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I posted several of my newly inherited coins and you guys did a great job of spotting a few fakes or probable fakes as well as giving me info on some of the authentic coins.

I figured since I have so many it might be a PITA for you guys if I post them one by one so I created a website where anyone with info can just post their opinions or knowledge right to the coins. If anyone has time and is so inclined please visit http://www.feelingodd.com to view my coins and offer your much appreciated feedback.

Thanks again coin afficianados!
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16696 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2009  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am by no means an ancient expert but I would assume there are a few fakes among them. Anyhow,
That collection looks great! Congrats!
swcoin.ecrater.com
Pillar of the Community
Tim Stroud's Avatar
United States
2661 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2009  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tim Stroud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot call any of them fakes as I do not know enough about them either. But I would like say that it is still a nice collection. If you can confirm the alleged fakes and would consider parting with one I would pay you a few bucks for it just to make a necklace out of it. When you get the required number of posts that is. And . By the way, what kind of camera did you use to take those pics? I am going to get a new one soon cause I can't do nothing with this cheapo I have now.
Pillar of the Community
KurtS's Avatar
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2009  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KurtS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to our community! I have very little expertise in ancient coins, but I do hope you get help from members here.
Over time, as you get coins identified, it would be interesting to have a few coins and descriptions posted to our forum for everyone to enjoy.
Pillar of the Community
manila galleon trade's Avatar
Spain
1361 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2009  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add manila galleon trade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know anything about ancient coins but I can say they are all nice coins to have even some are fake.
Pillar of the Community
nuggethill's Avatar
Australia
1015 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2009  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bronze of Alexandra the III with bow something and club,I have one as well so I'll get back to you to-morrow (bed time now)
regards Harry
Oh and P.S.
Edited by nuggethill
02/08/2009 7:05 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 2,304Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums