Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 D Walking Liberty Half Dollar - Do You Agree With NGC ?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 604Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
545 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  7:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just got this back but I don't agree with the grade. What do you think? Maybe I'm missing something.
I'll give the grade tomorrow evening.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3624 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin has a lot of luster, but a AU58 would not surprise me as there appears to be circulation rub.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68883 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lighting does not show surface details clearly. Right obverse field looks very scuffy. Better images would help. Please post new pics and wait at least 48 hours before revealing results.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3828 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharp obverse strike, but with all the circulation marks in the obverse fields, AU-58 is possible.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9082 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UNC details damaged. Right obverse looks scrubbed to remove something in the field.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Highlights of my coin collection: https://coins.www.collectors-societ...aspx?s=31920
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Pillar of the Community
United States
4648 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right obverse field looks questionable and wouldn't normally wear before the high points so I'd guess they flagged it as cleaned?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17447 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the right obverse field telling a story maybe of a light removal of an unknown substance . The rest of coin is original and fairly sharp . I'm going with MS-64 Details . 65 Details would not surprise .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1741 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  10:24 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incomplete luster, AU Details Cleaned. Overdipped and maybe wiped.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12211 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU or UNC details.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1221 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say they either went with MS-62 tops, but most probably a details grade.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12211 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

ready for the reveal!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
545 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the responses were all over the place but several were spot on .... thanks all.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17447 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry but I just can't see that coin grading AU-58 .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3098 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to take a crack at this one but the original photos and lighting made it hard. With the single further away focused obverse shot I agree at 58. The luster does seem a little broken...all that said, I have no experience grading these lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1741 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like this shouldn't grade straight. With a previous dip I would give it a net AU-55.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23912 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2022  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 looks right to me.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 604Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: