Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1932 Washington Quarter - You Vs NGC Grade Please.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 647Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
545 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  10:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think on grade .. and the reason why if you will.
Sorry but these are the best pictures that I have.

Edited by johnjkedel
04/22/2022 10:30 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17447 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice clean coin, tail feathers a little weak but that is common for Washington quarters , Lacking full mint luster but I don't care I love this coin MS-66 .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3097 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never tried grading a US quarter either but I agree with T-BOP on this one MS66. Weak strike but a very nice coin
Edited by Wrekkdd
04/22/2022 10:42 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68880 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me, the pics are too dark and soft too see surface details clearly.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17447 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To me, the pics are too dark and soft too see surface details clearly.

Really !

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
545 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you might need a better resolution screen c...g. but here is my attempt to lighten and improve. I can't do much better. I resized it down from a 6.0 MP photo.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1113 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clean, weak, awesome! My type of Washington. Ms66
Hope you found it in an ms65 holder and stole it!

Edit - coin frog may be right. On second look there might be significant scratches on the obverse
Edited by captainkurt
04/22/2022 1:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
545 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just zoomed on my original 6MP pix ..... you're right - there is a significant scratch behind the pigtail. Kudos to c......g and c.........t.
I will post the grade tomorrow evening.
Edited by johnjkedel
04/22/2022 3:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1113 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am spotting some other areas too. It's just too hard to get a real feel on these pictures. Something on the temple and a couple spots on the neck. The forward cheek and nose are not visible which is usually where one would find hits.

Knowing NGC is not a stickler for marks I still think they put this in an ms66 slab but for me I would not value it as ms66 just because of the scratch close up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1113 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, since you asked for grade and why here is my final appraisal.

If I was trying to buy this on eBay with the photos posted and not knowing the holder grade I would have concerns. With all the marks I think I can see on the obverse and on the reverse plus the unknown areas where one would normally find marks I would be conservative. Plus the reverse has a bit of a weak strike. The luster is lacking but acceptable for me.

I put this in an ms64 holder if PCGS graded it. I would pay a bit over asking for ms64. I would bid between ms64/65 price but only if I had the ability to return.

With the knowledge that NGC graded it at ms65 I would be at full ms65 price and maybe a little over. If NGC has it at ms66, I would pass because it's not worth ms66 prices.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12211 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2022  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
between MS64 and MS66. the photos are a little too out of focus to really get a good read on everything. weaker on the strike side may hold it to MS64 or 65. that scratch could have been from a staple on an old flip. still a nice coin. if you twisted my arm I think its MS65. I agree with captainkurt that if its PCGS then MS64
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
545 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2022  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the NGC grade ..... am not thrilled with their grade but this is it. ( The 'scratch' near the ear is on the holder.)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7809 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2022  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That appears to be quite a bit under graded - appears that in hand NGC is viewing issues not apparent in these photos.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3097 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2022  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes. Maybe this coin is destined for a PCGS holder lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1113 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2022  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Tough. Are there scratches on the neck too? By the E in liberty? In the died by the mouth? Otherwise they knocked a lot for that scratch by the hair. Curious what else you see that might have limited the grade. I definitely would have thought a choice grade was warranted.
Edited by captainkurt
04/24/2022 10:53 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12211 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
maybe the photos are not showing the actual coin but I cant see this coin in a MS61 slab
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 647Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: