Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Barber Coin Collectors On Here?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 341Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1081 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  1:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a complete dime & half, and I'm lacking two in my quarter book. Does anyone else have sets in XF grade? Mine are not, most of mine are G to VG, with a few F's, but I'm looking to upgrade most of mine. The last couple of coin shows, trying to find XF raw coins are difficult to find.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Learn More...
United States
111980 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2125 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been collecting dime and quarter transition varieties over the past few years. Have done a lot of research, published a couple journal articles, find it interesting. Collecting date sets doesn't interest me that much.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm missing 3 from my Barber quarters set, also in G to VG. That's the only Barber series I have.
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dimes, and I'm missing 6. Ranges from AG to XF, but mostly G to F. The ones that are XF mostly have old cleaning scratches and would grade details, although they look nice in the album if you don't look too closely. I'd love to collect the halves, but it would get expensive quick.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
458 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like @jbuck, the only Barbers I own are in my 7070 set - one of each of the three.
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
United States
1081 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing the Barbers sets just aren't as collectible, as the newer coin sets? I've seen the same particular Barber half dollar set for sale in Houston, for the last two years. I'm going to the Arlington, TX show June 5th, hoping I have better luck there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8769 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have a complete dime & half, and I'm lacking two in my quarter book.

You have a 1894-S Barber dime? Would love to see pictures of the example in your collection if possible.

A worthwhile and difficult challenge that you are close to completing. Congrats.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Pillar of the Community
United States
2125 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think the 1894-S is considered part of the "set", as it's essentially uncollectible. There's no hole for it in the Whitman and PCGS "complete set" doesn't have it either. https://www.PCGS.com/prices/complet...ost-active/0
Pillar of the Community
United States
8769 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't know that. Thanks.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Valued Member
United States
363 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Complete dimes minus the 94s, quarters, missing the 3 keys, halves, about 40 varieties. Most are G to F and a couple VF. I inherited the dimes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1081 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed kbbpll, the 1894-s Barber dime is in the same category, as the 1913 Liberty V nickel.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20681 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Agreed kbbpll, the 1894-s Barber dime is in the same category, as the 1913 Liberty V nickel.

I see them all the time at flea markets.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7325 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 341Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: