Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Silver Eagle Proofs

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 215Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
60 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  08:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add shug23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am confused what silver eagles were issued in 2021...For the proof coins, is there a Type 1 which carries a W mint mark and a Type 2 that carries the S mint mark ( or do I have these backwards). Is there also a reverse proof coin....making a total of three 2021 proof coins ?
Thank you

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44599 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Type 1 and type 2 have different reverses. Look here for the different types https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...les&_sacat=0
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shug23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so a total of 4 proof coins; thanks .......and another 4 uncirculated ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4961 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are 2 different reverses and 2 different obveses. See below for examples.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2909 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto

impressive pictures...
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shug23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes..I think I get it that there are 4 different proof coins.....Can you or anyone say what variations are on the uncirculated 2021 eagles. Are there Type 1, Type 2, and reverses of each ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4961 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are several varieties but really only 2 types of coins.

The coins came in uncirculated (bullion), burnished (basically bullion with a mint mark), proof and reverse proof.

These are the bullion

Edited by hfjacinto
05/12/2022 09:36 am
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think there are 5 proofs:

Type 1:
W
W (reverse)

Type 2:
S
S (reverse)
W

Then there are 2 bullion coins, Type 1 and Type 2.
Finally, 1 uncirculated (burnished) Type 2

8 coins total
Edited by HappyHippo
05/12/2022 3:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7325 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 215Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: