Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 American Innovation P And D Rolls And Bags - Seem To Be Doing Well Now

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 138Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
91 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  9:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been collecting the American Innovation Dollar coins since 2019. I usually would get several rolls from one mint but all state innovations for that year and choose the top 5 specimens to keep.

I regret not ordering an extra roll or two from 2020 on. Seems the US Mint with AI dollars is hewing close to enrollments to determine production amounts. They are producing more after the enrollments and first day sale (which usually has stock sold quickly bey end of day) but the period afterwards is much shorter. The mintages of P and D AI dollars have been falling since 2020 and none of the P and D business strikes for 2020 and the almost all of 2021 are for sale. As these are NOT put into circulation as early Sacs and Native Americans were and most of the Presidential dollars, it has kept a low profile. But that seems to be changing although most of the you tube channels and media still seem oblivious to them.

On ebay you can see the prices rising on these --- and I have seen for sold at over $100 for a $25 roll once in awhile (again usually the 2020 ones)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...=1&LH_Sold=1

Anyone else who collects these seeing more interest than in the past in this series?

PS. For me as I missed getting from both mints the AI dollars from 2020 and early 2021, I am going to save my money and not pursue acquiring them. The population of uncs is simply too high. However, since late 2021 been trying to get both mints seeing how they sell out much faster than just a year ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5170 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been collecting them from the beginning, like yourself pulling out the best from each roll ( 5 to 8 coins/mint) Last couple of offering were in remind me status when they went on sale but were available a few days later...why? I think with no house hold limits many ebay flippers picking them up this year and last in the hopes of making a huge profit.
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point about ebay flippers but one trend that benefits us collectors --- the US Mint is no longer having the business strikes remain on sale for years as the 2018 and 2019 are (and remain on sale!).

One thing that should attract some to search small dollar coins is that aside from edge lettering error scarcities and NIFC proofs or Uncs in great condition, are the AI dollars that are circulated. I imagine the population of those is fairly scarce.

I missed the 2020 and according to at least the Coin News site the 2020 business strikes are no longer being sold.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 138Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: