Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Repunched Dies - What Are Your Feelings?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 2,036Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you coop greatly appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1983 Robertson 10 cent Proof coin. the S is very neat take a look.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this is a strange repunch. it looks like a S over a B. coop can you match this one.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this coin is a 1997 Lincoln penny it looks like another S over B .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58734 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks more like a broken post issue. I've seen examples before:

Note on the top image. What looks like a 'S' over a 'D'. But that is not possible after 1955. Seem like the Over mintmarks ended before this time. But also not on my image, the area we are looking at is part of the post of a 'D' that has broken off below the fields. Thus the area we are looking at is void in the die, the highest area on the coin.

On the dime it looks like an altered mintmark not a OMM.
http://www.varietyvista.com/07%20Ro...20Styles.htm
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coop wow thank you that is very interesting . you have a great memory thank you . coop have you ever seen this coin image before. it Lincoln looking quit a lot of body armour. I hope you match this one.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58734 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a DDR. You can see the double knees on this one. So the die slight adjusted it self after the first kiss of the strike that began and moved very slightly. This caused the doubled knees on the single squeeze process. (I think I have figured out the error in their process that is causing the doubled dies, but I'm not telling. It involves the shape of the die blank.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coop wow thank you so much . I did a lot of pressing 100m 150m but this was all wire and connectors and splices. I have watched what dies can do to metal. yes coop there's a video showing hubbing. it shows exactly what happen to cause the hub doubling with a fold. that is incredible video excellently done. coop I like your page its great reading good question great answers. this helps everybody. I have a friend who wants me to photo a coin for him. what it is its a 1883 Morgan. I have asked him if he would mind if I posted the photos here. he said no problem its been in his family for a long time. he thinks it might have a little doubling but he is not sure. well I know if there is any place to find out its here. thank you again.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello coop this is a 1883 Morgan dollar. there is a crack that runs along that red line. so at the eye the crack is open. from the hair down its bulged. I hope you can see this. like to know your thoughts thank you so much.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another view of the eye.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coop check out the N compared to the O could this be punching.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
heres the other side
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another image same coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
9124 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Rocky: We have a policy of ONE coin per thread. I'm surprised no one bothered to mention it to you, and now you're mixing Classic coins here in the Modern section. Mixing dates and types of coins can/is confusing in a single thread.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2301 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
merclover thank you. but I was just having a chat with coop. I will drop out of here sorry.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 2,036Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: