Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

In The Year 2122, I Wonder

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 10 / Views: 201Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3072 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  07:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wonder what the pages will look like for a 21st century type set.
do you need all 4 westward nickels?
how many pages will we need for quarters?
do you think there will even be a dime addition?
and will the 2009 cent have its own page?
Valued Member
United States
278 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:11 am  Show Profile   Check Joshu - a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or maybe coin collecting will become an ancient pastime?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3072 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is an ancient pastime. it is why I think there will be collectors in the future as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17182 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In The Year 2122, I Wonder

If man is still alive

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
278 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:29 am  Show Profile   Check Joshu - a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think debased coins and paper money will be something trodden under foot. But I guess there is rock collecting too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7510 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder what the pages will look like for a 21st century type set.

Quote:
Do you need all 4 westward nickels?

I think, "Yes"

Quote:
How many pages will we need for quarters?

I imagine the quarter continuing its use as the US' denomination-of-choice for circulating thematic coins for years to come. So, I think Type Set albums will require just one or two examples from each series. I'll go with two Quarter pages in 2021.

Quote:
Do you think there will even be a dime addition?

Unless there is a change to its size (and composition), I don't see the dime becoming a popular choice for circulating thematic coins - I believe such a use will remain the domain of the quarter denomination (its larger size is preferable for design implementation). I can see at least one or two design changes between now and 2021 for the dime, however.

Quote:
Will the 2009 cent have its own page?

No, the 2009 cent is complete at four types - no need for a separate page. The Shield series might get one design update before it concludes, but I feel confident in saying the cent coin won't be in circulation in 2021 (unless there are VERY dramatic changes to our economy!)

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3072 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 pages of quarters I can see, and sure the dime is small but any change would be welcomed. put a barber reverse with a Rosie observe any thing would be nice. Also didnt mention dollars gonna be a full page with a 2079 SBA
Pillar of the Community
United States
2523 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS has 3 21st Century Registry Type Sets. Here's a link to the circulation strikes:

https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...present/3259

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems, I feel the same on all your points except for one -

Quote:
the 2009 cent is complete at four types

I've got 8 in my type set, both the circulation issues and the bronze issues from the mint sets. I figured if I was getting both a clad and silver quarter from each thematic series, I should get the 4 bronze 2009 cents as well.

Sort of the same for types with SMS issues; I try to get one SMS and one circulation issue from for each of those types.

I waffle a bit when it comes to different finishes; for example, reverse proof issues. So far I've not felt a need for that.

So, I have lots of 21st century coins in my certified type set already but at least they're very inexpensive, except for some of the highest-graded circulation and mint set examples. However, as is often stated, these types of decisions are a personal choice and vary from collector to collector!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
458 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since the moderators periodically move posts to "the proper forum", will this post be moved from U.S. Modern Coins to the "Future Coins" forum?

Steve
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
United States
8010 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In 2122, it's likely our decedents will be bartering/trading. I'll give you a chicken and a 2lb bag of rice for five cords of firewood. Financial transactions as we know them today will be ancient history. Coins will be a quaint recollection.
  Replies: 10 / Views: 201Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: