Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1987 Roosevelt Dime Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 271Next Topic  

United States
18 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  12:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SuperSteveFly to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any estimates? it's a pretty dang clean coin.

I can add more pictures, just curious if it's decent and didn't want to flood the post lol.
Edited by SuperSteveFly
05/16/2022 12:55 am
Learn More...
United States
23674 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ssf, to get accurate grades, it is super important that you crop your pics so that folks can really concentrate on the coin surfaces. Also, for these dimes, it is probably a good idea to include a closeup of the torch on the reverse. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
8501 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Spence. At this point, the coin likely falls in the mid-AU range. Over time, searching dime rolls will yield piles of high AU examples from the 80s and 90s.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68834 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cropped and enlarged pics would definitely help.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
05/16/2022 09:16 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12199 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Cropped and enlarged pics would definitely help.

when I click on the photos they do blow up

i think the coin was circulated. hairlines across the face and from the ear down to the neck. lots of ticks across the torch.

AU58. its a spender
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23893 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS-63 to me.
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SaturnD51 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am puzzled because ,and it just may be the photo, but the surface of the dime looks rough and not smooth for some reason. Maybe it is just me.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 271Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: