Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1820 Northwest Company Token (Northwest Company Token Reproduction)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 426Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  08:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bzcamping to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do I have here?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1753 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, glad you can ask us, lots of great knowledge here!

According to coinsandcanada.com, this is a reproduction of a very rare token, if this were genuine, you could literally be sitting on a $20,000+ value. They say on the info that there is only one known without a hole at the top. As to the value of this reproduction, I am not sure.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bzcamping to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My biggest issue is that I found this while back packing in a very remote location central Oregon. Was very clear the bio it was under was older then my 40yrs the camp uncovered also gave several other items dated before 1900
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2659 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reproduction.
Look at the toes on what is supposed to be a beaver. Nothing like an original.
That's before even considering that there are only a couple of examples that are not holed, or that what you found is by far in better condition than the finest known example (MS61).
If real $50,000+, as is repro $5
Edited by Wade
05/17/2022 10:19 am
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4130 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt his backstory is true, that coin does not look like it has been around since before 1900. Totally modern and low quality reproduction.

It is highly insulting and disrespectful when newbies try to insult our intelligence by stating bare faced lies to fool us. I think such people should be named, shamed and then banned.

I love COINS!!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20863 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1820 Northwest Company Token (Northwest Company Token Reproduction)

To the Forum.

https://www.coinsandcanada.com/toke...-1820&id=201
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Edited by Dorado
05/17/2022 10:45 pm
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bzcamping to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Say what you want this was found under at least a foot of decomposed forest in remote location Fremont winoma
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15860 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't matter where it was found, it is still not genuine.
Just compare it to a genuine coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2659 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  10:40 am  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of people have tales about their coins, and yes a high % are newbies. Some stories are real, some are third hand, and some are pure fabrications.
The OP might very well believe the story is true (I found a $750 coin in change from 7:11). I think maybe someone salted the ground (making the story true in the eyes of the OP)
All we can do is educate, it's up to them if they listen.

BZCAMPING, send the coin off to PCGS OR NGC, if it's real I'll pay the grading fee x10

Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bzcamping to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for advice I plan on sending to have professional look it over. My concerns where all the same as yalls fact remains I found it while leveling a camp spot, found ould campfire pennies and an old tripod first ring pot holder deal. The darn thing didn't Barry itself under 50yrs or more of bio
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2659 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  08:59 am  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Come back and let us know how you made out.

Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 426Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: