Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1914 Barber Half For Your Grading Pleasure

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 740Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12561 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  1:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
not mine but I'm looking at picking this one up. thoughts on grade and possible value

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70290 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say VG-10.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
992 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This seems like it could be sort of in between VG08 and F12. I'm comparing now to existing examples on Heritage that have sold, and the VG08s have no letters visible from 'Liberty', and a bit more wear to the feathers on the reverse. The F15s have less wear on the cheek, lips, face etc. I am going to safely say that this is definately VG08 with a shot at F12...perhaps. Value seems to be anywhere from $100 to $250.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9119 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG10 sounds right and looks nice and problem free. $200 seems like a reasonable price. These aren't as scarce as the low mintage numbers would suggest.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
My coin e-commerce website:https://nummumcoins.com - Help me improve my coin e-commerce website: http://goccf.com/t/424872
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Pillar of the Community
United States
2253 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG10 for me. According to Bowers, Liberty must be fully readable to make F12. Numismedia puts VG08 at $132 and F12 at $360, so I'd be careful with the purchase - that's quite a spread.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
992 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been having more of a look and close compare to others and it does seem to be about VG10. Here is the lowest price sold for F12, which was $235. You can see that it has a lot less wear than yours, on the obverse especially. I would set a maximum bid of $150 for this because graded it might even come back VG08 due to the obverse wear.

https://coins.ha.com/itm/barber-hal...ption-071515
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17761 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-08 with issues , about $115 value .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4153 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at VG10, value, I wouldn't go any higher than $150-$175
Pillar of the Community
United States
759 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-10
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12561 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Folks. the Barbers are not in my wheelhouse. I have it at VG10 and borderline F12. I dont see anything that would indicate that it would pull a details designation.

I'm the current high bidder at $13 on a proxy bid with my high bid set at $81. auction ends tomorrow. i'll let you know if I get it. i'll watch it close as I dont think its going to go for that price. I may turn this one around if I get it as I dont collect them or just hold onto it for a little while as this year seems to be a better date.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9479 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice original surfaces, VG10, some minor rim bumps at H and TES (reverse)
I believe that it would straight grade
Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
2887 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This caught my eye:

Any chance this is a 1914-S with a removed mm?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70290 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nah, I think that's a stretch.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12561 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bummer...didnt get this one. I think she had a shot F and messed up my final bid in the last 15sec it didnt go through. not sure what happened but she hammered at $91. I think they got a steal on this one. I dont do much buying these days so my bidding skills are a little lacking and wanted to error on the side of caution when bidding it.

- live and learn
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
992 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some VG08's have sold for about $100 so it might not be so cheap.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12561 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some VG08's have sold for about $100 so it might not be so cheap

i saw that but this one actually looked like a solid VG10 with a shot at F12. water over the dam...
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 740Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: