Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1988-D 1c FS-901 (RDV-006)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 352Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
82 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  3:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ozzy5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hopefully I can help some of you that are keeping an eye out for this variety. I too thought I might have found 1 here and there completely unsure due to occasional doubling of the "FG" and strike quality that can give the appearance of RDV-006. I finally found 1 and if it's any help, you will know without a doubt when you come across one. If you're questioning your find and you know what to look for I'd almost guarantee it's not RDV-006. It's unmistakable!!!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58856 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the AME area looks like this it is a RDV-005 or 006

The rounded AM is a RDV-005, the Flat AME is the RDV-006. Look closer at those areas to determine what die it is.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2028 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the pics provided, I would say yours is the normal RDV-005. Look at what coop told you but my go to is the G, in FG. The vertical serif of the G sticks out past the upper part of the G, to the east. I do agree with you that the RDV-006 is unmistakable though. Clearer pics may show me something different but I don't see RDV-006 on yours, as is.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
677 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta agree, I am skeptical that this is RDV-6.

The reverse pics are definitely not conclusive and the date/mm orientation doesn't match either of the three that Wiles shows [though more could have been discovered since he posted] on VV.

You do have the coin in hand so ultimately it is whatever you say it is.

As one of the most confusing [to beginners] coins in the Lincoln cent series, I would beg to differ that "you know when you have one." Circulation wear, poor "end-of-the-year rush" quality and the overall poor decision to use copper-coated zinc [because of zinc-rot] make identifying this variety "iffy."
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
05/29/2022 11:19 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10440 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2890 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photos is need. By what I see the AM is RDV-005 and the FG is RDV-006. Strange this combine. Better photos please.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ozzy5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love all you guys. I may not post a lot but I know what I have. Horrible photography skills and a 1988D RDV-006. I don't watch YouTube, I read and read and read. One day I'll catch a break. New post with New pics to settle this for all you non-believers. Thank you for putting a fire under me like no other.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 352Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: