Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

5 Year Anniversary/Almost 1000 Post Contest Ends: June 7th 8pm

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 128 / Views: 3,830Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1026 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  7:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
. Lets have some fun here folks. I already have by putting the prizes together. .

5 years yesterday I registered. I lurked for a while before I signed up. It's been well worth the effort from my end to join. I have had some good fun and made friends with lots of good folk. Lost a few as well. . Won a football bet with another member where the winner got a Supporter badge, and never let it slide. The 1st time I played jbucks GTP, I won! I still miss a round every now and then. . Enjoy Secret Santa and hope it continues after this years mess. Playing 20 Q's for over a 1000 pages, with keith12, brings a smile to my face from all the fun that went on there and continues today. I started "The Loonie Bin" thread that still sees some action and compliments. But.........my favorite haunt here has to be Spruetts Jukebox. The regulars there all became close friends, so as long as I log in, I'll be posting there to keep it active. Besides, I have to admit, coins and tunes are a great pair, but forced to chose, tunes win.

What am I up to? Should be pretty straight forward and "loonie luck" will be involved.

Standard rules apply. 50 or more posts. Members are welcome regardless of location.

The contest is to guess the weight of my binder full of loonies. This includes an example of every $1 Canadian "circulation" coin dated 1967 to present and then some. . Plus the 20 pocket 2X2 pages, plus the 2X2's and the staples and the binder. Guess must be in grams. Like I said, it's basically a crap shoot. Over or under does not matter, closest wins, but must be within 70 grams, the weight of 10 loons, to open up the contest. Then all 3 places will be set. No guess within the range, round 2 begins with some loonie hints.

Guess what.....all the prizes are loonies of coarse. 1st, 2nd and 3rd all share the 1st 10 coins

92 Parliament
94 War Memorial
95 Peacekeepers
04 Olympics
06 Olympics
10 Olympics
10 Navy
12 Grey Cup
16 Womens Right to Vote
16 Olympics "Lucky Loonie"

3rd gets a 93 and 06 proof, 2nd gets a 93, 04, 08 proof, 1st gets the big win.....93, 01, 02, 04 proofs and a full 2000W Uncirculated set with the NII $2, $1 and 25 cent coins with the W mint mark.

All coins are fresh from a roll or still in mint pliofilm. These sets are nice, and I wish I had of made one to keep.

This contest was supposed to be for 1000 post, but I'm close enough, and 5 years pushed me to start now. Those sets need a new home. So lets have a good turn out. It's sort of like planning your own party and inviting ALL your friends. Enjoy folks.

Let say 8 pm Tuesday June 7 is the deadline. Spread the word.

Good luck.

"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2089 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the milestone!!

I'll place my guess at 1,762 grams.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1752 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this coin from Canada?

Are these made of silver?

Is the date range between 1992 and 2016?

Is the diameter of these coins 15mm?

I guess 2,150 grams

approaching fast!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2316 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be back Loonie.
Getting my scale out.
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Pillar of the Community
United States
2618 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

2,112 grams will be my guess.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45885 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2,375 grams is my guesstament . Interesting contest. Congrats on your and thanks for having a contest.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1026 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Getting my scale out.

Easy Don, the variables are crazy here. Glad you're here, but how many pages and empty pockets abound. Besides, you probably have them all already. .

One thing I've learned in 5 years is.....John1 loves his contests. .

I'll get a list going. Thanks folks.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1026 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jacrispies 1762
nfine 2112, I love Rush too. Good stuff.
mrwhatisit 2150
John1 2375

Pillar of the Community
United States
5187 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.... you're making me search for my slide rule....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Learn More...
United States
24278 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fun idea for a contest! I'm gonna pick a weight of 1968 g, in honor of the year of the formation of Rush. Any bonus points for guessing Canadian-themed numbers?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Australia
84 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers loonie,

I guess 1394.2 grams from Canada with 4 staples per 2x2 and 3 screws in the binder!

What, no German consolation prize!
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
895 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  02:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll assume it's 2275 grams.
Pillar of the Community
United States
735 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  03:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the 1000 posts

My guess is 2222 Grams
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3996 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  03:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is 1967 grams
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45885 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One thing I've learned in 5 years is.....John1 loves his contests.

Who doesn't like to win coins
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3308 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very fun contest, I'm going to guess 2789g

Congrats on the upcoming milestone!
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 128 / Views: 3,830Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: