Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Your Favorite Commemorative?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  10:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coins1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What is your favorite Commemorative piece?

This could include Civil War private tokens etc...if you'd like.
Learn More...
United States
84060 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The proof and uncirculated 1982 Washington Half Dollars because they were the first two commemorative coins I purchased. I bought them from the mint in 1982 and they now reside in my 7070. I am also fond of my 1990 Eisenhower dollar; also purchased from the mint as part of the 1990 Prestige Set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1716 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  11:07 am  Show Profile   Check The_Duke's eBay Listings Check The_Duke's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add The_Duke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My 1892 Columbus, even though it is slightly worn, it has a nice color to it. And, it was my first one.
Pillar of the Community
Spain
1361 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add manilagalleontrade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want the 1993 one dollar World War II commemorative.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1859 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first commem was a Columbian Exposition. It will always be special, but I think my favorite is my Long Island Half. I have some modern commems that I like, the Congress and Rushmore but not the same as the older ones.
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Finger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oregon Trail Half Dollar!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1116 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scott3270 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
can I pick three I would pick the oregon trail Commemorative, texas centennial, and the san diego california pacific exposition Commemorative.

but if I had to pick one it would be the oregon trail Commemorative I think thats a hard choice I like all three of them a lot
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coins1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oregon Trail Half Dollar is really cool. I like it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32644 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2001 Silver Buffalo Dollar in Proof and MS.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2009  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coins1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the old Buffalo nickels and would love to get the Dollar. One thing at a time right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
632 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2009  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acidic1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1925 Norse medal...thin

Its a commem...sort of.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8598 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2009  10:10 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oregon Trail for me
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
891 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2009  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Southern Yankee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have a favorite one, but my favorite few are the 1918 Illinois Centennial and the 1925 Stone Mountain. For modern the 1994 POW and the 1994 Women in Military.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1031 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2009  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add docsfishn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I vote for the 2008 Bald Eagle Commemoratives. I like all of the designs. It also reminds me of good times fishing in Minnesota watching bald eagles in the wild.
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2009  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buzzard to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite is the San Diego-California Pacific International Exposition half dollar. It is a good looking design, and commemorates my home town. The examples that I see usually have a lot of mint luster on them, something that I am a sucker for.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2269 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2009  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spider5689 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite US commemorative has to be the Jamestown $5.00 Gold Proof.
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05