Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2008 Alaska Quarter Appears To Have An 2 Errors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 391Next Topic  
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  09:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Curious One to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Came across this Alaska Quarter and want to know if is errors on the bears right leg sticking out leg appears skinny and two claws are molded together

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell from that photo but from your description there is a known 2008 p Alaska die chip error usually found on the left front claw located on the right side of the coin, making it appear joined together in some cases and was selling for around $8-15ish on eBay. You can always check sold listings for current pricing and to see others photos of the ones they are selling. These kind of 'minor' errors are good to know about as they can turn up often in regular searches and are worth more than a quarter.
Edited by datadragon
06/27/2022 12:02 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45867 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going to need better photos, rotated properly and a couple close-ups please.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, would like to see full, large and sharp pics of the obverse and reverse. Thanks.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58884 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they are being sold, the buyer will be disappointed when they try to sell them. They are just a die event. Common to find as the dies age. (I'd rather be able to sleep at night, then to sell something common for a premium)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
9130 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photos are needed. Full coin, both sides, please.
ša va bien aller

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Curious One to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 391Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: