Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hong Kong: British Colony Elizabeth II 1 Dollar 1992

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 354Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
57 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  4:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dquiroz68 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I did a quick research on hong Kong coins. But I want to if this is a rare coin and a grade please.

Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10672 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks around VF to me with a weakly struck and stained obverse. It's a common coin with a mintage of 25 million. Valued at ú0.26 (about 32 US cents).
Edited by NumisRob
06/27/2022 5:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24472 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Light wear and some luster remaining, AU-53.
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
83 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The obverse looks VF-30. Details are worn out. The reverse on the other hand looks AU-50. I'm very confused on how to give an overall grade to the coin because of the big difference between the obverse and the reverse.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24472 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The obverse design makes the coin look worn. Just lacks detail even when uncirculated.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4085 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2022  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Out of interest though, this was the last year Queen Elizabeth appeared on Hong Kong coins.
Starting in 1993 a new series was issued that omitted Her Majesty as part of the change to Chinese control.

I think the coin is EF or almost so as that Maklouf portrait of the Queen was high relief and wears easily.

I love COINS!!!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1268 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2022  05:12 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmmm are hong kong dollars still legal tender, older designs pre-handover?
Edited by ryurazu
07/14/2022 05:13 am
Valued Member
Hong Kong
149 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2022  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wandering Circle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Queen's portrait coin series are still legal tenders in Hong Kong. Hopefully the so-called "government" had forgot about that.
"They cannot conquer forever!" - Frodo Baggins
Edited by Wandering Circle
07/14/2022 08:34 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 354Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: