Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1918 Aussie Sixpence

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 260Next Topic  

Australia
1 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yadillah28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all!

I have inherited my late grandfathers very big and very unorganised coin collection and have come across this 1918 Australian sixpence.
Hoping for some advice on grading and value as I'm very new to this coin collecting gig.
From my amateur research I can tell you the coin has
- Melbourne mint mark
- Great lustre on both sides
- 'Advance Australia' is clear and detailed
- Emu feather are worn away at the highest point but can be seen on the edges of the emu
- On the obverse I can see 6 pearls and a full centre diamond. The pearls on the left side of the centre diamond are worn away
- The obverse also seems to be misaligned around the rim of the coin (sorry for my poor use of coin lingo)

Any info you have would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Learn More...
United States
114863 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70347 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say high VF details (date side cleaned).

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
793 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll say high VF details (date side cleaned).

Yes.

Low mintage year so could be worth $50-$100 to the correct buyer,shame its been cleaned.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 260Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: