I have inherited
my late grandfathers very big and very unorganised coin collection and have come across this 1918 Australian sixpence.
Hoping for some advice on grading and value as I'm very new to this coin collecting gig.
From my amateur research I can tell you the coin has
- Melbourne mint mark
- Great lustre on both sides
- 'Advance Australia' is clear and detailed
- Emu feather are worn away at the highest point but can be seen on the edges of the emu
- On the obverse I can see 6 pearls and a full centre diamond. The pearls on the left side of the centre diamond are worn away
- The obverse also seems to be misaligned around the rim of the coin (sorry for my poor use of coin lingo)
Any info you have would be much appreciated.