Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Lincoln? Big Time Errors?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,655Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
96 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  2:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bill Kerr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Help me guys, just a bit confused, first thought someone had sanded it down, but not so sure. If this was sanded wouldn't there be some silver colored material showing?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12271 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73490 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Greaser!
Edited by Coinfrog
07/13/2022 2:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
9678 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed, a fine Greaser.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
5838 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Struck Through Grease, nice find!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HGK3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grease or low pressure strike?

It's lacking rims on about 50% of the obverse and reverse and well struck rims is usually a hallmark of a grease strike throughs.

Also, the effaced design elements are very symmetrical on both sides, which is also a sign of low pressure strikes.

Notice that the bottom of the bust is substantially gone, as is the top of the reverse, for instance, and the areas at the end of the scrolls on the reverse have similar issues to the corresponding areas on the obverse.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12271 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3775 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it looks more like a low-pressure strike. The coin still displays the proto-rim and roller marks that were on the planchet. Nice call HGK3!

NICE error!!
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2295 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool find. Definitely hold onto it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12271 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2189 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yoko nailed it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60407 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably about 60% missing devices. Weight? 2.5 grams
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47442 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2022  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first thought was an LPS. 2x2 worthy and maybe even Air-Tite worthy.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2022  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bill Kerr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop it's weight is 2.5 grams.
John was does this mean? "2x2 worthy and maybe even Air-Tite worthy?"

Guys, I greatly appreciate your input.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47442 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2022  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mean the coin is a very good find and needs to be preserved. A 2x2 holder is good,put an Air-Tite capsule is even better.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3475 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2022  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way to go HGK for studying the images, the initial attribution, and slowing down the wagon.

My thoughts as well on the rims after looking at the images.
Congrats on a nice find Bill Kerr.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,655Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: