Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1935 Quarter Graded AU58 By Ncc

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,069Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2022  3:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Went for it and bought this... I know nothing about this grading company.. Reputable? Good grade?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
25226 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2022  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks AU-55 details to me. Signs of a cleaning.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16209 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2022  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reputable? No
They are known as a basement slabber and should not be compared with the top graders
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2022  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry ; NNC is frowned upon by many in the field . Your photos are a little weak but looks more like AU-55 . I don't believe it was cleaned ,disturbance on the obverse fields look more like circulation handling .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2022  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-53/55, agree possibly cleaned.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2022  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, basement grading company, AU-55/cleaned.
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2022  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay so then the question becomes. Is it better off left in the slab?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12926 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2022  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55 details cleaned
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25226 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2022  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me the slab is worthless.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2022  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's an AU coin...what are you looking for...MS?

KK
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12926 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's an AU coin...what are you looking for...MS?

there is obvious wear on the high points of the hair, cheek and lower part of the bust. you are not going to see this on an MS coin as well as luster has been removed. the flat rainbow spotty coloration points to a cleaning.
Edited by panzaldi
07/27/2022 08:10 am
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No was just curious if it woukd even hit au... And if the slab was worth anything at all
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3229 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The slab and NNC mean nothing. My folks here are very generous for AU. dealing and study those quarters for a few decades, I can say this coin do not reach the AU criteria from far. The base of grading it is ANA standards and then modified for their own standards by the major TPG's. This it is an VF to XF. Sorry to disappointed you, but me I like the things clear.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9288 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The photos are a bit weak--difficult to provide a decent assessment. Give that, I'd say mid XF to AU50. Wonder if the discoloration is due to old exposure to PVC...
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silviosi. Not disappointed. Here to ask lots and learn as much as possible. While there are a few not so nice comments occasionally. I'm learning forums and coins in leaps.
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like how tag ppl in a comment... L
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,069Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: