Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ride Sally Ride Quarters One Has The Drolling George The Other Does Not.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 760Next Topic  

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  3:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add WickedPerspectiv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is just one of the comparisons I have confirmed. I have 11 of these coins some have the error some do not some worsr. How much would you say they are worth.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17054 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a Die Chip which is not considered an error.
Not much premium for something like this. There have
been numerous ones of these appear on this forum.
The fact that you have eleven of them tells you that they
are not rare by any means.
Edited by JimmyD
07/31/2022 3:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2189 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jimmy hit it right. Just a sales gimmick to try to get someone's money
Edited by Cujohn
07/31/2022 5:12 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12260 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree there are too many of them but even if there were just a few it still is just a common die chip and would have no or very little value. That being said I still collect one of every kind because they are cool.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3656 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@WickedPerspectiv: Price? I have no idea. If I want a coin I pay the price ask and finish (sure not crazy ask)

You state that you confirmed
Quote:
I have confirmed
?

No offence or such. I am a fun of Quarters, and I am curios who confirmed, like this maybe I will have more information's then you can put in one forum post. Thanks for your collaboration.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WickedPerspectiv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I said confirm I mean from what research I have done online and people are selling them for up to $20 I only just started collecting and was only asking here to get the opinion of a few people have been doing this for longer. But thanks for the replies I appreciate the honesty.&
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...nice finds...check ebay to see if any have been sold...you can try drooling Washington search. keep on hunting...most errors are not worth that much due to the low demand...usually only specialty collectors.

KK
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60401 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've determined the chips were caused during a clash. Note how these devices show the opposite sides devices on that area:

Note the devices that line up with the obverse.

This one made me think about other dies that have the small die chips and have been trying to see if this happens a lot more than we think about.

CoopHome: What can cause die chips? possible die clash events?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WickedPerspectiv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you I will check in to that!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 760Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: