has reached the Fifth Edition, thus ending its reign. We are now ready for a new edition for newer members to join in on the easy early years.
We will start this with any coin from 2022. To allow this topic get noticed before it picks up too much steam, I ask that we do not post anything from 2021 until after midnight (forum time) going into
. That gives us plenty of time to enjoy 2022.
Keep in mind that we can continue to post 2022 coins on that Monday until someone posts a 2021. Once the first 2021 coin is posted then no more 2022 coins will be allowed.
This rule will be in effect for every year: post the current year until at least midnight. This will allow multiple people to post their coins from each year.
Once we move to the next year, there is no going back, no catching up like is allowed in other themed threads.
A summary of the rules...
1. You must own the coin.
2. You must post a photo of the actual coin you own. We do not care who took the photo. No stock photos allowed.
3. The coin can be from any country.
4. The date needs to be validated as described below:
Common era dating is preferred, but it is acceptable if the date can be converted from another calendar.
It is also acceptable if the date can be determined to the exact year from other criteria.
If it is not obvious, please inform how the date is determined (links are okay).
5. One Year Per Day! This allows for more participation. The change to the next year will occur at Midnight Forum Time (US Eastern Time)
6. We must go in order! No going back to previous years, no jumping ahead to later years.
7. Try to avoid creating additional posts for each year until someone else has posted in between or you are posting coins as part of a set (like a proof set, commemorative set, etc).
8. To help page loads and scrolling, please put only one coin (one or two photos) per post.
As per usual, we can handle controversies and questions as they occur. I will be counting on the veterans to help enforce rules and maintain flow.