Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1941 D Jefferson Nickel FS Full Step?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 436Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  3:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi!
Full step, not sure. I've seen some coins regarded as steppers and some not as much as a step.
Your input is appreciated.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1914 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
might be 5FS, but steps are tough to photograph
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71623 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper and larger closeup would help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9328 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very close to full steps, but not quite, I think. The step area below the 2nd column (from left to right) seems to have issues.
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a.nother image
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71623 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I'd say not Full Steps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6150 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, not a FS.
Here is an image of PCGS MS-67 +FS

Although PCGS has designated it as a FS, after enlarging the image I still don't think it should be considered as FS since there are contact mark on the steps

Edited by Chase007
08/08/2022 4:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys.
When selling any coins, I'd rather be honest and thanks to you, I can move-on.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1914 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for Q David Bowers, hits on the steps do not eliminate Full Step qualification because full steps are a measure of strike quality, something post strike hits cannot change

for the OPs coin, in the better pic it looks like the steps are not fully separated, so not Full Step, still a nice coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nick10...Thanks for your observation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@chase007...Thanks for the info.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a FS candidate.

KK
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11045 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Nick and OP. This coin it is not FS. In order to be FS must be border to border. Yes some kicks do not take the attribution. I have no idea from where some take those presumed things, but full steps is border to border.

the borders of stairs on this coin are none on the first steps.
Edited by silviosi
08/08/2022 11:24 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 436Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: