Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021-D Lincoln Shield Cent Reverse Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 253Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
215 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this doubling on the reverse, doubling shows on 3rd,5th,7th and barely on the 9th bars of the shield

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59516 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still thinking these are more of a die polishing issue. If so they EPU should be weaker than a normal coins EPU. Try making a Side by side with a new Coin the same year and this EPU to see if they are weaker as not as deep on these devices. (These devices are incuse on the die, show any polishing the the die will weaken these raised devices on the die. So if you could provide a side by side it will help prove my point) Weakened would make them look wider/taller on these devices. (Just opposite of raised devices) Looking more like Machine Doubling on the a raised device coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
08/17/2022 8:56 pm
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the known DDR's for 2021-d so far, its possible being so recent that others have not yet been submitted to be added.
https://www.doubleddie.com/2587137.html
http://varietyvista.com/01e%20LC%20...202021-D.htm

For future info, If you wish to submit a coin for a new attribution when its not in the listings already unless others feel it should not be:
https://www.doubleddie.com/402401.html
Edited by datadragon
08/17/2022 9:04 pm
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe epu don't be weaker and skinny and distorted like we see on Philly ddrs.
Bc of the fact the only real time they are like is when the doubling is extreme either on the initials and usa.
This is in a different spot and not as dramtic so epu won't be affected and it's on a denver so you'll have different reulats
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59516 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well on a DDR they are altered during the die creation process:

Side by side of a normal and a doubled die:

But on an polished die, I would expect to see the devices looking larger as the tops of the EPU devices that are raised, should show some polishing and look larger a bit. Thus the request for a side by side of the EPU devices, with a normal coin. If this is a DDO, the the devices could be altered, depending on the movement of the hub that would create a doubled die. Just comparing to see what these devices would look like on your coin?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Edited by coop
08/18/2022 12:03 pm
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. Well on a DDR they are altered during the die creation process:

This doesn't happen all the time.
For instance on 2012 003 & 004 those involve the stripes no distortion or skinniness on EPU. Those r Philly as well.
And on 2018 D 1DR-001 coppercoins listing.
This is one of the only known with doubling on USA on a Denver's shield you can see the spilts on the letters and extra thickness. No distortion on EPU at all.
I don't know how to explain it but I know for a fact it won't happen here I just know it.
from experience and searching the shields. You won't see skinny of distorted EPU on these doubled dies they r even minor then the ones I mentioned. but I still like them in hand they r neat.
Edited by gorham_collector
08/18/2022 12:25 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59516 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thus I want to see if this is a die polishing issue, or a DDR? The area is very slow to the EPU area. On these stripes they are the outside edge of the die on the reverse. Any die polishing could show on these devices, as well as on the EPU. (The EPU devices are taller on the die, than the stripes. So any die polishing would show on these raised devices on the die)
Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: