Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 Die Chip On Date - Die Break Reverse?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 217Next Topic  
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  11:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KyWahine to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think I found a die chip error on this 1983 coin. It is on the 8 in the 1983 date. Also, on the reverse, I noticed a line (die break?) that extends from the bottom of the Lincoln Memorial on the righthand side to the edge of the coin near the initials FG.

I hope these pictures are good enough to see the details I'm referring to. I am still learning this computer system, and am having issues with my photos. Computers now days frustrate me to no end, but I am determined.

Learn More...
United States
24818 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your pics are fine and I agree with your assessment, although I would call it a broken post on the date and a die crack on the Lincoln Memorial.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
6153 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16341 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A broken post and Die Crack.
The crack is in a common location and not unusual to see
one at the bottom of both sides of the memorial.
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1983 Lincoln Cents are notorious for Die Cracks and Die Chips. I have found quite a few and one with 7 Die Cracks. Regards and good hunting!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11155 Posts
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KyWahine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the encouragement and input. I am excited that I am getting some of the terms.
Learn More...
United States
116456 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 217Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: