Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1979 Cent What Wrong With His Bow Tie It Look As If He Has Two Of Them

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 312Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
605 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  12:03 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
ok I have a fun on for you guy its on my 1979 cent why does it look as if he has a bow tie on and to the left of it it looks like he has some kind of regular tie on or is my ambien kicking in already its not supposed to until later and why does it look like a bullet whole in his chin

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73559 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The things that interest you are not particularly clear in these images, at least to me.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/28/2022 08:58 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10027 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not clear to me either. I do sense that a circulation hit or two may have creased the bowtie. Thinking Pareidolia.
Pillar of the Community
United States
605 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i dont know if these pic are any better or not

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60440 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That area on the one die was polished to remove a die clash from the die. Thus that area will be weaker on the examples with a polished die. This is a die event. (polished die) When the die was fresh it was normal. The die polishing altered that area. (Now the coins will show weakness on that area because of the polished die)

CoopHome: Why are some areas of the design weaker on some dies? polished dies will show weakness or even smaller sized devices. these are die events. on some strikes the devices maybe larger than normal in size. these are from a striking issue with grease in the die. so the devices will be larger in size than normal, but the same width of the base as normal. these are also common to find, unless a lot of the design is missing
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
09/28/2022 10:49 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
605 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok thanks coop I should have known that because of how many time you have told me that lol one would think it would have been burnt into my brain by now lol
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 312Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: