Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 S Lincoln Memorial Cent Doubled Die Or No?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 479Next Topic  

Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  11:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tbbranson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I would like opinions on this 1969s . If DDO or just machine

Valued Member
United States
466 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tbbranson, Welcome. I know its exciting when you think you found something. First take a look at these photos for the WDDO-001 doubled die for 1969-S after clicking this link. Its VERY OBVIOUS and everything is doubled. Now do you think your coin matches up to those photos?
https://www.doubleddie.com/314201.html

or these photos:?

Now, for the Machine Doubling its only going to be on the date and mintmark but not also on the other areas of the front of the coin. It will look more like this where the doubling is flat:

Edited by datadragon
10/01/2022 11:34 am
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tbbranson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I truly think it does look like those pictures . I'm pictures u can't really tell but I'm person a lot better . Especially with a magnify . I'm an idiot and cleaned it too so I've noticed some pictures the font will be thick and others thin . In the pictures I notice that the letters will be in different spots telling me or thinkin that is doubling . I'll post pics

The lettering is closer or further apart in pictures . When thicker or thin
Pillar of the Community
United States
561 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check Dave42's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dave42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Notice the "I" in "In God We Trust". On the real doubled die, there are two "I"s, right next to each other. Your coin does not have this. Just MD, not a doubled die.
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tbbranson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on the lighting . This picture shows a doubling on the I

Pillar of the Community
United States
561 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Dave42's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dave42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For it to be "THE" doubled die, it has to bee identical. This coin is no where close to what the real doubled die looks like, lighting or no. Compare the word Liberty on the two coins. Even without a close up of your coin, it is obvious your coin is not a doubled die. Machine Doubling perhaps, but not the doubled die that was shown.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60326 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The real DDO is very strong.

If yours were that DDO, we would see it from your images.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12124 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73272 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Believe me, when you see the real thing you'll know it immediately.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
466 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tbbranson, In order to match and be certified as the WDDO-001 doubled die, it has to match these photos pretty closely which we are not seeing in this coin. And this particular doubled die is very obvious like you drank too much and seeing double. More photos besides the below are here again: https://www.doubleddie.com/314201.html Unlike some doubled dies this particular one doesn't take too much effort to identify even without magnification. Yes there can be doubling on a coin that doesn't match and once in a blue moon its found to be something new, or matches a more obscure doubled die not found in books but perhaps online one of the sites we use for identification (so its always ok to ask), but most of the time it ends up being Machine Doubling or nothing so its best when new to just try to match up photos to known doubled dies so we dont waste a lot of time looking.

Edited by datadragon
10/01/2022 2:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2222 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halo1st to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Close up of the date and mint mark may help. Seems everybody is focused on the big one, which this is not. Thanks, Doug.
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tbbranson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In person I truly think it looks like that . It has been damaged so I feel like pictures do not give it justice
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 479Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: