Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972-D Ghost T And DDO On 9.

 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 302Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4187 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  01:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I have here an 1972-D quarter who show very well the doubling on reverse in Q and lower leaf. Those are normal for this coin because is part of the design variety RDV-006 and is find on 99.9% of these year for Denver. The other 0.1% it is a very rare RDV-008 and do not has this doubling.

Funny it is the Observe who has like a ghost of T in liberty and also an double in digit 9.

Up to you to judge.



Edited by silviosi
10/04/2022 01:51 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
501 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Displaced metal left of the horizontal bar of the T with what appears to be a scratch that looks like a post of the T that you pointed out. The 9 took some kind of funky hit. PMD all the way around on the obverse IMHO.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4187 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BUMPKIN, always happy to see you come see us sometimes here.

I like the "funky" adjective for the 9. I learn a new thing for the PMD's.

The T I show because it is very funny. On very close I see a small Die chip, but the scratch look funny.
Edited by silviosi
10/04/2022 6:25 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 302Next Topic  
 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.





Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: