Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963 D Penny Die Chip / Cud

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 327Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  09:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luckypennynemo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
931 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like damage to me, the metal has been torn from rim and pushed onto field
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47470 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks like you need to work on your photos. What is your set-up?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckypennynemo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73559 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47470 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

But seriously, maybe we can give you some ideas on improving them.
John1
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckypennynemo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use a Lumix. I'm a luddite. Are the majority of coin photos nowadays taken with iPhones?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60440 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, just moved metal. If the rim is not intact, that the reason the rim was moved to a new location. Damage is damage to a coin and the coin becomes a cull coin when the devices are altered. It doesn't take much damage to make a coin into a cull coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckypennynemo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
COOP

I have a circulated 1955-D penny with "BIE" in Liberty. On average, how much would those sell for? Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot comment on value as the market fluctuates almost daily and is subjective. I might suggest that an option to determine general value is to look up similar coins on sold listings only on EBay or other auction sites. Looking at what others have sold for helps determine what current market values for a coin might be.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60440 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BIE's to me are just die events. (I'm a variety collector) They are normal dies, breaking down with age and over use. I know they list these (why is beyond me) but they are no big thing to me. Others may collect these, but not in my interest realm.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47470 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sometimes use a Lumix. I put the coin on a windowsill and use natural light. Set the camera to macro with the flash off.Takes pretty good full coin pics.
John1
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckypennynemo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Macro with flash, I'll try natural lighting w/flash off. thanks.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 327Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: