Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2010 Yosemite P Quarter DDR

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 314Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
94 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  09:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ondiwave to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi!
So I found this quarter and I see strong DDR, do you?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
47470 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is MD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17088 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, it is MD.
There are more coins with MD in that area than there are without.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60440 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the ATB Quarters, the devices on the outer ring on the reverse, these devices are incuse on the coin. (below the fields on the coin) These are raised on the die. During striking, these can affect the strike, before/during/after the strike if there is movement on the machine. The movement is by the machine. So it is not a doubled die. On a doubled die, the doubling needs to be on the die, not caused by the machine. So where are the doubled dies on the ATB Obverse/reverse quarters? They are on the centers of the design. To look on areas where hub doubling could happen, it pretty much be a waste of time. The central areas on the reverses are where to look to find the DDRs. Wexler's site will have the most complete listings for these:
http://doubleddie.com/719755.html
Look up the desired listings to see what to look for on the DDR listings. You will be surprised that you've been looking in the wrong areas for possibly years. But learn what to look for and save your eyes. Because if you are looking in other areas on these coins, you will not be finding a DDR or a DDO. Obverses are easy on the States and the ATB series, the Earlobes and the Motto are the two areas that have the DDO's 99.8% of the time. There is only on DDO on a 1999-S Proof quarter that is the exception to the rule. The rest of the time they are located on the DDR's in the centers of the devices. (and some years will not have a DDR because of the design) So look to see what areas you need to look at to find these DDR's. Some of these have as many as 176 DDR's, others just a few. (Same for the States Reverses as well) But on the ATB reverses, the DDR's are never found on the devices on the outer ring. It is a waste of time looking there. 70% of the ATB reverses have Machine Doubling from very mild to extreme Machine Doubling. So just a few quarters don't show Machine Doubling on the outer ring area. So regardless of the what you are seeing there, is not a DDR. So save your eyes looking there. Just a waste of time looking there. The target areas of the designs are where the DDO / DDR's area found:

When it has no design on that area, these will probably not have a DDR. But when you look up non listed designs, it means that area doesn't have DDR's on that design. Just like a map, always check to see what is listed, to reach your real destination. If you don't all you will find die wear or Machine Doubling most of the time. Look and save your eyes.

CoopHome: Why are DDR's on the ATB Quarters, never seen on the outer ring areas? single squeeze die creation process does not create a DDR on that area. All the DDR's are seen more on the center devices of the design. So look for the DDR's in the Target areas
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ondiwave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, I appreciate this @coop. I take in & learn from everything you offer. so thank you!

And the rabbit hole gets longer... lolol #129763;
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 314Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: