Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1942 D Jefferson Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 473Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
282 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  3:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4372 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you have a question about this nickel?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17439 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is your question please.
At a quick glance, all I see is a worn 1942 nickel with some Die Deterioration.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75209 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, looks pretty normal so far.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48569 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tell us what you are seeing as a possible error or variety.We are not good guessers.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1250 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bad pics and no explanation. Yet snither hidden talent. Think the letters may have md or just smashed. Idk. But I'm looking at the reverse rim area. Is that damage or all die related. Cud/chip. Seems like a lot of it's die
Pillar of the Community
United States
1155 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yep, that is a 1942d nickel.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14092 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well worn nickel with circulation flattening on the devices. (If that was your question) Otherwise, I'll have to agree that this is a type 1 1942 D non-silver nickel.
Edited by Dearborn
11/28/2022 8:47 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75209 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Yet snither hidden talent"? What on earth does that mean?
Edited by Coinfrog
11/28/2022 9:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2685 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the OP meant "Yet another hidden talent".
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9242 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  05:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a well worn 1942-D nickel, nothing special.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61062 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a type one from Denver. Not a part silver coin:

Pre-war time strike nickel before the metal change happened.

Type two Mintmarks:

These had the part silver content on them.

1942 type one or type 2 nickels
CoopHome: How to tell the difference on the type 1 and type two 1942 nickels?

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
11/30/2022 12:54 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14092 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pre-war time strike nickel.

Oh it is a war time nickel - the US entered on December 7th 1941, the mint just didn't change over to partial silver coins until later in the year. My guess is that they have to determine the composition before minting the type 2's
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2022  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I keant meant another hidden talent. Sorry. I type horribly sometimes.. and I was just looking at all the little cud /chip pieces it has a long the bottom edge.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 473Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: