Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1935f $1 Star Note Great Condition. Is There A Book Or Website? Possible Cert.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 542Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  8:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75091 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be VF or so, maybe $5 retail. Not a big deal.
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was asking for a reference, not an opinion.
Valued Member
Canada
90 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BCTokens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should be able to look it up in any US paper money catalog. For example:

Standard Catalog of United States Paper Money, by Krause et al.

Jan
Pillar of the Community
United States
6680 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try searching for the "Standard Guide to Small-Size U S Paper Money" by John Schwartz and Scott Lundquist. It is a pretty good reference.

You can also search eBay sold items and Heritage Auctions sold items for reference, too.

Good luck!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75091 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sirguardian - excuse me!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3973 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This page is from the Standard Guide to Small-Size U.S.Paper Money (Schwartz/Lindquist) 9th edition published in 2009.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9199 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was asking for a reference, not an opinion.

This reads without context as a rude and sniping remark. Such an attitude, if that is indeed what you intended, is not welcome here at the CCF.

Much better to get to the same point would have been something like - Thank you for the opinion. Do you have a lead on any reference?
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3973 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
+ 1, Well spoken searcher
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog please don't take that wrong. I was bringing the conservation back to my original post. Sorry it sounded off.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75091 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, no problem. One always needs to be careful in phrasing short replies in print.
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog: I'm going to send it in for grading... I will let you know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5623 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not worth getting graded. You have a $5-$10 note that will cost you over $20 to get graded and it will still be worth $5-$10.
Edited by hfjacinto
12/10/2022 10:39 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75091 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sirguardian - please don't waste your money having this note graded.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6680 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2022  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you send it in for grading expect it to grade somewhere between XF and AU. The pictures show signs of handling and possibly an aged-paper look, too. It is what it is and worth a few dollars over face value.

Good luck!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 542Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: