Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 1 Dollar Bill With An Awesome Serial Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 620Next Topic  
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
22210 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  7:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Saw this on another site. Serial number 00000001.

Also has the Secretary of Treasury signature John Connally who was shot during the Kennedy assassination.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75021 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that is awesome!
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheSerialFlorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's totally awesome, great eye appeal!
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1dollar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty good circulation find! I'm kidding of course. Wow, that is really impressive and it does look like it might have circulated a bit before being put away.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3970 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing Bobby.
Let me be sure I have this straight, it's not your note, but a photo of a note you saw on a different forum ?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48465 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  03:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice SN,but the top right corner
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9166 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  05:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is awesome. Even in circulated condition such as this it must carry a significant value premium.

The only way to mark it even more awesome would be if it were issued by the Dallas Federal Reserve in lieu of New York.

Uhhhhh - ignorant question - was there a Dallas Federal Reserve back then?
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1233 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're cheating on us with another site!?
Learn More...
United States
120601 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3373 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brings about Drooling....
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SaturnD51 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW Bobby. Just an outstanding serial number. Someone will pay a penny for this one. I always think about going to the bank and buying new packs of dollar note to see if I could get a good serial numbered bill. Trouble is Bank of America is stingy stingy stingy.
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have been happy with 5 zero's Wow!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3970 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  02:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Trouble is Bank of America is stingy stingy stingy.

Help me understand this. When I hear stingy, I think of someone unwilling to give or share. What has been your experience ?

In defense of banks, some don't have the horsepower to get new packs. I realize BOA is a large, national bank, but you're dealing with a branch. My local credit union can ask for new, uncirculated currency but that doesn't mean they're going to get it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 620Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: