Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1900 Penny Finger Damage ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 332Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
67 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  12:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jamesrandall to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
More info. Thurs. what happen here? What caused this mark? It's on both sides of coin? Close to center . It doesn't go thur to other side ? Thanks

Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jamesrandall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jamesrandall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3779 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin seems to be showing 2 different 'U' shaped points of damage. The deepest is the one on the obverse that has caused corresponding raised area on the reverse. The same is true for the reverse 'U' shaped cut which has causes a corresponding raised area on the obverse.

These two areas of damage cross just above the ear of the Indian and just at the bottom of the NE of ONE on the reverse.

I have seen damage it the past like this that was caused by the swivel pads on a clamp or similar type of tool.

I did an animated overlay of the coin to help see the alignment of the incuse and raised areas.
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Edited by Yokozuna
12/08/2022 02:43 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48578 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  03:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD of some sort.Not a mint error.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
512 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75215 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just damage, probably deliberate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yoko- that is pretty cool.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61062 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damage to a coin is not a premium for them. Value goes down on circulation damage on a coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jamesrandall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Thanks you all great help" .
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 332Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: