Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guess The Price - Season 4 - Winner: Trdhrdr007

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2009  6:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Welcome to SEASON FOUR!

The Contest: Guess the price of a recently acquired, auctioned, or purchased coin.
The Prize: BRAGGIN' RIGHTS!
Season 1 Champion: CoinHunter53562 (View it here).
Season 2 Champion: trdhrdr007 (View it here).
Season 3 Champion: COINAHOLIC (View it here).
Season 4 Champion: trdhrdr007
    The Rules:
  • Post guess in whole dollar increments. Final prices will not include shipping or other fees.
  • Only the first person to guess a specific value will be counted. Repeat guesses for the same value will not count, so PAY ATTENTION! There will be no ties during the rounds!
  • One guess per person per round. If your guess is a duplicate, you will be given a chance to correct it; anyone can post a warning to the player and they will have until the round finishes to have a legitimate guess.
  • Unless you posted a duplicate guess, there will be no editing guess posts. If you edit your post, please include a comment why you edited it. Otherwise, edited posts will not count.
  • Minimum round duration: Each round requires eight different participant guesses or three days, whichever comes first.
  • There will be ten rounds. In the event of a tie, there will be playoff round.
  • The winner of the round must host the next round. They can choose any coin they want, but must follow these guidelines:
    • No finished auctions (eBay, Heritage, etc.) can be the basis for any round.
    • If an auction is used, the round must end at least one hour before the auction does.
    • If the coin is from a personal purchase, please round your final price to the nearest whole dollar.
    • If you cannot remember the exact price paid, please use your best guess and establish this price (to yourself) before hosting the round.
    • For personal coins that were not purchased recently, please give an approximate time frame the coin was purchased (earlier this year, ten years ago, etc.)
    • Specifying that where the coin was sold (auction, personal purchase, yard sale, estate sale, etc.) is NOT required!
    The Points:
  • The person getting the closest will receive 10 points.
  • The two people getting the next closest guesses, above and below the price, will receive 5 points. That is, there is no The Price is Right "must not go over" rule!
  • Each other person that gives a unique guess will get 1 point, those that duplicate or unjustifiably edit a guess will get no points.
  • The winner of the round must host the next round, therefore being ineligible for points in that round. This will prevent someone from winning too many rounds and mathematically eliminating many of the competitors.
  • New for Season 4: Watch for Bonus Point opportunities during each round!

Sample scenario with Final Price of $42:
Player #1 = $43 Winner 10-points
Player #2 = $22 1-point
Player #3 = $36 Lower Runner-Up 5-points
Player #4 = $12 1-point
Player #5 = $35 1-point
Player #6 = $18 1-point
Player #7 = $56 Upper Runner-Up 5-points
Player #8 = $12 Disqualified, duplicate guess to Player #4.

Even though Player #5 was closer than Player #7, Player #7 was the closest runner-up above the winning price.

Season 4 Final Results!
trdhrdr007       62
DL20K            60
dreamstones      36
CoinHunter53562  35
nod2003          33
COINAHOLIC       31
pls              31
chris1222nascar  22
SHAFTA9a         18
eaglefoot        16
gettingbrowned   10
reuben123        10
coininsean        7
ron678            7
Podoprigora       2
Starman           2
Dollar1948        1
MtnCoinMan        1
oih82w8           1
soldier4Christ    1
Spider5689        1
Edited by jbuck
04/24/2009 10:26 am
Learn More...
United States
6561 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I gotta say this is by far the most complex and confusing contests I have ever seen

Bravo
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The voices say ... "Woo-hoo!"
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10559 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More Popcorn...
True North
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My O.C.D. allows only so much patience.........

Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Season 4 - Round 1

This guy was purchased by yours truly last weekend. This brought my LHC album down to three holes!

The pictures are a little rough and might be deceiving (it was a cloudy day).

Remember the rules and be on the lookout for an opportunity for BONUS points sometime during the round!

This round will end Monday, 9 March 2009 at Noon (assuming we have the required minimum of eight guesses in by then).

Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zwanzig dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$167.00

$76.00......not $167.00.......if this "edit" is legal.....thanks for accepting the change.

reason:
little sleep....dead tired.....possibly slightly dyslexic.... therefore cranial challenged
Edited by eaglefoot
03/04/2009 4:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2269 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spider5689 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$82.00
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Round 1 Guesses So Far...
DL20K            $20.00 
eaglefoot        $76.00 
Spider5689       $82.00 
SHAFTA9a        $100.00

Edited by jbuck
03/05/2009 09:59 am
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10559 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll try.... $100.00

I also have three holes to fill, jbuck, but the 1931S isn't one of them.
True North
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Podoprigora to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i'll go with 85$
Pillar of the Community
United States
2123 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I'll be starting this season behind the 8 ball. I don't know doodly about grading Lincolns, & won't have access to a computer from Thursday afternoon until late Monday so I'll miss out on any chance for bonus points. Now that I'm done whining, my guess is.....$68.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JB....

Our Topic Heading still says......

Quote:
Guess The Price - Season 4 Starting Soon!

Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05