Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Susan B. Anthony Dollar Collectors. Are There Any Here?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 2,857Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  11:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have yet to see any collectors of SBA's. The shortest dollar run in the history of the country.There are things to to do with those.

Edited by Halfwitty
02/21/2010 12:16 am
Valued Member
United States
473 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GFR3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually filled my last hole about two weeks ago...1999 Proof :)
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add randolphsky95 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GFR3,
you have all of them?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4284 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
why is there brownish stuff on the reverse?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2010  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is called Lamination laffaa. The layer of top coating peels off and exposes the inner layer.This is a mint error so if you see something like that you will know.The second coin is a wide rim.It is a rare coin in the SBA series.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2010  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes GFR3. I have all of them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4284 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2010  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my neighbors have one like that, I just passed it up thinking it was ware. I'm stupid
Pillar of the Community
United States
795 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2010  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spaceace to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the SBA series too. I don't have the proof varieties (although I do have all the regular proofs). I do have a 1979 Wide rim though. It was a nice set to start with since it was a relatively short run (with a big time gap to 1999) and fairly inexpensive. It was the first set I completed actually
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2010  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spaceace.There are 18 in the complete set of SBA's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2010  03:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some of the dates have blob feet and some have full talons.It's worth a discovery.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1023 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2010  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add augsburger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I worked in Six Flags great adventure about 11 years ago, and we used these coins all the time, I never thought anything of it back then, I was not a coin collector at all, but we had to take dollars bills from people and then put a dollar coin into a machine that would count the amount of money that had been spent on the game!
Pillar of the Community
United States
645 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2010  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm an SBA collector. The 81 S type 2 proof is real expensive coin in the series.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17040 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2010  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The shortest dollar run in the history of the country.

SBA four years production over a twenty year period
Ike dollar 9 years production over 9 years.
Bust dollars 9 years production over a 10 year period
Gobrecht dollars. Three years production over a four year period.
Flowing hair dollars two years production over a 10 month period.
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
02/25/2010 09:40 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2010  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I stand corrected.Wasn't counting all the years between the 81 and the 99.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2010  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some uncirculated and Proof Sets ......and a few singles. And I feel they definately have a place in the collection !
My fiancee' says it's her favorite coin......but putting together a "complete" Set with Proofs would just be too expensive for me to do for her....
I just have never gotten into the varieties....or even "near date/far date"....or anything like that.
But I would feel as though there were a "hole" in my collection without some shining examples of the good ole Suzy B. in it ! ....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1007 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2010  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm saving them also. So far I have only the 1979 D & P but when the 80, 81 & 99's appear I'll put them in my collection also.

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 2,857Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05