Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gallery Coin Grading Company

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 76 / Views: 20,104Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
980 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2005  03:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SFDukie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This mysterious grading company is all over ebay, all of the sudden (at least I never noticed them before) Nothing pops up on google. LOYO mentioned his dealer sells GGC coins. Susan pointed out that shadowzen66 had bought BU rolls of Frankies on ebay (opened- almost certainly cherrypicked) which were unlikely to contain MS 66 coins shortly before he listed GGC "slabbed" coins in high MS- several of which didn't sell for much more than what they are "worth" assuming they're overgraded (impossible to tell from the poor photos, but we're talking low pops in PCGS and NGC at these grades), but many of which went for way too much ie $81 for a " 1963 MS 66 FBL" (again just after he bought BU opened frankie rolls on ebay). story here:
https://www.coincommunity.com/topic...TOPIC_ID=706
Now there is another seller jojax22, who purchased ebay sniper software recently, as well as two BU frankie rolls from 1962 and 1963 - guess what- he has GGC MS66 FBL frankies for sale on ebay "valued at 25,000", but which are selling for way more than even a nice MS 63 "should"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...9571214&rd=1
Unfotunately, the man on the Bridgeport half had it right.
Rest in Peace
United States
2884 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2005  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe they came from Bid Assets, check out this Link ..http://www.bid4assets.com/auction/i...ionid=175697
Mike You will find the MS66 FBL Trends at $25K...This is truely the motherlode of off the wall slabbers! The new company is in there advertising the very Franklin you speak off! Mike

Google search for TPG'S Holy Cow!!!
http://www.google.com/search?num=10...h&lr=lang_en
Edited by Mike
04/11/2005 04:32 am
Pillar Of The Community
3147 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2005  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crystalk64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like to me the slabbing companies may become their own worst enemy! No standards, no ethics, no rules, no regulations and apparently no supervising authority of any kind? I would think a states consumer protection agency or better business bureau would be hearing a lot, very soon, about some of these fly by night operations?
Pillar of the Community
United States
980 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2005  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SFDukie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

Maybe they came from Bid Assets, check out this Link ..http://www.bid4assets.com/auction/i...ionid=175697
Mike You will find the MS66 FBL Trends at $25K...This is truely the motherlode of off the wall slabbers! The new company is in there advertising the very Franklin you speak off! Mike

Mike, are you trying to give me nightmares[?;)]
Don
Rest in Peace
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2005  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think jojax22 is going to lose his perfect feedback score pretty quickly as soon as somebody cracks out one of these MS-66s and submits it to NGC or PCGS. I also wonder if he is in cahoots with shadowzen66; every coin listed by jojax22 is slabbed by GGC as are those by shadowzen66.
Pillar of the Community
United States
980 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2005  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SFDukie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan Fred

I think jojax22 is going to lose his perfect feedback score pretty quickly as soon as somebody cracks out one of these MS-66s and submits it to NGC or PCGS. I also wonder if he is in cahoots with shadowzen66; every coin listed by jojax22 is slabbed by GGC as are those by shadowzen66.

Wondered that myself. Also of note, shadowzens items are listed as being in Cape Girardeau, jojax in southern Il. Wonder where LOYO's dealer is, as well.
Rest in Peace
United States
2884 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2005  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don, did you link to that site and look at the sale price and claimed retail? Lord, if they realize half that amount in retail sales they made a killing, not to mention dumping tons of crap on the market. If you found the time to read the other link on grading companies you would still be reading it next week!Unreal. Mike
Pillar of the Community
United States
980 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2005  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SFDukie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

Don, did you link to that site and look at the sale price and claimed retail? Lord, if they realize half that amount in retail sales they made a killing, not to mention dumping tons of crap on the market. If you found the time to read the other link on grading companies you would still be reading it next week!Unreal. Mike

Unreal indeed- sad thing is they've got "real" coins- slabbed by ICG, ANACS, etc, mixed in with the- well, I can't express my feelings well on a "family" board...
Pillar of the Community
United States
980 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2005  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SFDukie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan Fred

Frightening followup- both shadowzen66 and jojax22 are still out there selling MS67s and 68s from "gallery grading company".

jojax is now a "powerseller", with 99.6% pos FB, even though he gets FB like this;
Cin appears to be over graded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It gets mutually withdrawn, or this:
"coin grading far too optimistic", his one remaining neg.
Shadowzen;

"Great Seller!!! Bad Grading Company- I Pd. over $36. & coin's worth .50"
and
" Coin was not MS67",
both of which were left as positive FB.

he has a few more negs such as this:
TERRIBLE BUY SELLER LIED ABOUT THE QUALITY! SAID MS66 ACTUALLY IT WAS A MS62!

In addition, now "Gallery grading company" is all over Overstock, with multiple listings of coins (funny all 8 of their current listings are MS 66!, all the frankies are FBL)

check it out:
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-b...CTID=2616994

My favorite lines from their blurb are:
THE FUTURE OF GRADING COMPANIES HAS FINALLY ARRIVED

and the coup de grace:

ALWAYS REMIND THE CUSTOMER THAT GRADING IS OBJECTIVE, AND AN OPINION, SO BUY THE COIN, NOT THE HOLDER

I think they mean to say that grading is subjective.

Oh well, at least I have a great place to rant, and now with dual piilars of the community!
Rest in Peace
United States
2884 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2005  02:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's their whole Credo.......

THE FUTURE OF GRADING COMPANIES HAS FINALLY ARRIVED. A SIMPLE RULE OF THUMB IS WHAT WE HAD IN MIND., (1) LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS,AND OFFER SERVICES AT A PRICE THE AVERAGE COLLECTOR CAN AFFORD. (2) MAKE YOURSELF ACCESSIBLE. (3) SEARCH HIGH AND LOW FOR TOP GRADE ITEMS, AND OFFER THEM AT PENNIES ON A DOLLAR. (4) OFFER THE SAME SERVICES AND PRICING FOR THE CUSTOMERS( NO MATTER HOW MANY ITEMS ARE SUBMITTED). (5) HAVE 48 HOUR TURNAROUND AT NO EXTRA COST.(6) HAVE A FACILITY THAT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC . (7) ALWAYS REMIND THE CUSTOMER THAT GRADING IS OBJECTIVE, AND AN OPINION, SO BUY THE COIN, NOT THE HOLDER. (8) CLOSE EVERY TRANSACTION WITH THANKS FOR YOUR PURCHASE.(9) BECAUSE GRADING IS OBJECTIVE, OFFER A 7 DAY RETURN POLICY, IF IT doesn't MEET YOUR OPINION. THANKS A MILLION YAHOO MEMBERS, WE LOVE YOU , COME BACK ANYTIME. Coin prices are derived from Coinuniverse when possible. They have a solid reputation for their efforts on up to date prices for United States coins. The website can be reviewed at https://www.PCGS.com . At times prices will not be available from coinuniverse, so we will refer to Greysheet and RedBook of United States coins. If no value can be found, we will only list authenticity and our grading opinion. We have chosen these three sources due to the paramount reputation as leaders in the coin industry. Gallery Grading co. Is registered with the state of Missouri #19014597 , Our facilty is over 31000 square ft. making us one of the larger coin organizations in the country. Submissions can be made by mail, or in person (Thursday-Saturday) 11-4 at Gallery Grading Co, 400 Main St. New Madrid Mo 63869 United States. Or visit us online. How?
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2005  05:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sent this morning to Shadowzen66 and jojax22:

Is Gallery Grading at all affiliated with the ANA? Are they even recognized by the ANA? Or is this some "company" grading and slabbing coins in a basement somewhere? What are the qualifications of the "graders"? Your feedback stating "overgrading" should be listened to. Ebay should not allow these coins to be considered "certified". Anybody can buy generic "slabs" and throw a label on it. You should be ashamed. Hopefully your time with eBay will be short. How well do you sleep at night?
Pillar of the Community
United States
980 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2005  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SFDukie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that shadowzen (there's a bit of irony- isn't karma part of zen buddhist philosophy) and jax must be "submitting" their coins to GGC- shadowzen lists his items in Cape Girardeau, Mo, which is 50 miles N of New Madrid- where GGC is "one of the larger coin organizations in the country"
Don
Rest in Peace
United States
2884 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2005  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, way to go Susan! I wonder what kind of response this will illicit! Maybe they are in fact Gallery Grading Company! Mike [:0]
Edited by Mike
06/06/2005 3:10 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21880 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2005  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Or visit us online. How?

http://www.gallerycoins.com/

Want the contact info...

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois...com&email=on
Rest in Peace
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2005  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a ripoff. Gallery coins is definitely living up to its rule of thumb of listening to what the customer wants and needs: high grade coins at a low price. This translates into the spiritual essence of "something for nothing", the guiding principle of con artists everywhere, especially on eBay and with certain eBay sellers.
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2005  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a response to my email [:0]

Thanks for your email. You can go to their website and maybe they can help. https://www.gallerycoins.com I have been very happy with them.

Kind of looks like a canned response. Think they get other emails like that?
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 76 / Views: 20,104Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: