Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Christmas coin wishes - Under $150  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  10:01 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lukkyseven to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I know this forum is full of roll searchers, but even they want a specific coin. What's yours?

I've been eyeing up a 1944-D Full Step Jefferson for a bit now... Debating between that and a MS66 44-d. It's the last nickel I need for my BU War Nickels.
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TripAces to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like the 1986S american silver eagle proof. I always wanted to start this collections so why not start with the first one minted.
Valued Member
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TenSense to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I long to have a 1914+ half or full eagle. They are beautiful coins, and they are also unique in being (if I am not mistaken) the only U.S. coin with recessed imaging.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm .... I guess I'd want a common date half dime in decent condition with everything readable, just to start a collection of those. Or a 1808 Half Dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
594 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenRingold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A high grade 1909S Lincoln Cent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lukkyseven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trip - My grandfather just gave me about 4 ASE. I don't know if they're proof or UNC. Pretty sure that they're proofs though. I was thinking about starting to collect them. Just kind of funny to me.
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TripAces to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lukkyseven - wow that is a very nice gift from your grandfather. what years did he give you? are they all in their own sealed box still? I think each one is under $150 except maybe the 1995W one as there was only around 30,000 minted. But I could be wrong as I have not looked at the going price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lukkyseven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at work so I'll have to check back later for sure - but off the top of my head one 1986 and three 1987
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lukkyseven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do the boxes make them worth more? I'm curious because I don't know if I still have them or not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1074 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add specksynder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
one of my 2 missing V nickels -- 1885 or 1912-S

They're right on the edge of what I feel comfortable spending on my coin hobby in one fell swoop like that. I've seen 1912-S (in low condition) for under $150, the 1885 is a bit higher.
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TripAces to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure if the boxes make them worth more. What were the coins in if not the original box?
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lukkyseven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trip - pretty sure they were in the velvet boxes. I actually had no clue they were worth that much. Now you got me wondering if they're proof or UNC...

specksy - I hope to one day start collecting the V nickels. I have a few at home, but not many.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6201 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:58 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine would be a 1909 S Lincoln or a 1912 S Liberty nickel. Maybe an 1857 Large cent or a Carson City Morgan. Then there is the Seated dollar I need for a type set or a Trade dollar. A Texas commemorative half dollar would be nice?
Happy Thanksgiving ~ I am grateful!
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lukkyseven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wheezy, maybe I should have made a Hanukkah thread? :)
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd have to go with the Oregon Trail Comm. Half in any grade. Probably my favorite looking coin, have yet to see one in hand.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
987 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add augsburger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
25 cents alaska 2008!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05