Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I cried when I saw this coin online...  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3268 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  10:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Who cleans a BU 89-CC Morgan? :(

Edited by fenton
12/23/2010 10:20 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It used to be a , the somebody did a , and now it is a .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8796 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:18 am  Show Profile   Check Moe145's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

(An angry twister sandwich!)
Links to ALL previous "Days of..." Threads:
http://goccf.com/t/108352#108352
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2421 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My lord, did someone use a sand blaster?
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IHPO8S to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
people never learn dont clean coins. I have a friend he will dip toned coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4837 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure a properly-motivated Congressman could legislate rights for coins, giving them legal standing to sue people who abuse them. Clearly this coin's legal rights have been violated.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3268 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't mind a nice blast white dipped coin with cartwheel luster but this thing looks like it was taped to a truck tire and driven around the block a couple times... :)
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mantisfist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
who cares! let them. if you think about it, it just makes your collection of non cleaned coins more valuable(fewer of them out there),sure it is not cool but better than jewelers who buy low grade coins at melt value, to melt and use the silver for jewelry which is illegal ,but done.
Edited by mantisfist
12/23/2010 8:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
958 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppertop5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone could electro plate that morgan hopefully fill in the scratches , Put it in a plant pot with soil and fertilizer mixed in water it every few days and in a few months and reage it, get it a nice dark brown black color , heat it mildy in the oven get a lil tone to it
being so dark the surface would not reflect the scratches and it might just look pitted from being buried a aftifical 100 years
I bet it would look like a coin found with a metal detector

I think it would atleast be better then a cleaned morgan , it might grade as XF being it will never grade as a UNC or MS agian
Valued Member
United States
439 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinczar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can understand if they didn't know any better being a non-collector, but an experienced collector is reminded all of the time not to clean their coins. And if you have the uncontrollable urge to dip and polish, use common coins from your change!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3268 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seller wants $11,425 for it "just the slightest touch of cleaning"
Pillar of the Community
United States
1150 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mitchhailey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some just don't know, and some just don't care. I was in the coin shop yesterday when this guy came in asking the dealer for 'something to clean my coins with.' Even though the dealer politely told the man he shouldn't clean his coins he wasn't detered. He said he would go somewhere else to get something to dip them in. It's probably the guy selling that Morgan!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
838 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bibd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will it grow more of the same date if it's planted in soil and watered? Or will it just yield Pres dollars?
Valued Member
United States
255 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add x78089 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a terrible sight to behold :(
Pillar of the Community
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2010  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USArmyParatrooper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that whizzed?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3267 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2010  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add upstate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Who cleans a BU 89-CC Morgan? :(

They weren't very gentle with the old gal either.
It is frustrating
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05