Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mr ED Moy steps down as US Mint Director...  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2670 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  8:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know this director did the best he could, with what He had to work with, however, I am glad to see him go.

I believe he did some very positive things since ex president G.Bush placed him a the 38th Mint Director, But I feel He was not a collector friendly director, I know the chain of command dictates what will be done and not, but I feel as a collector himself He could of used his place and title to advance the "collectors " wishes and go to bat for us all.
I see He would of had the job till Sept 2011, and chose, or so it is being said, to take a private place as a VP in the private sector, I feel the 2009 ASE, DID NOT help him and as the article suggests, He did have some tough decisions to face as shown by a clip I copied and posted below,

"There were also many tough decisions that faced Moy as Director. Perhaps none more so than the cancellation of the Proof and Uncirculated Gold and Silver American Eagles in 2009. The US Mint, at the time, was facing intense demand for the bullion versions of the coins, which it was required by law to strike to meet demand. As such, the decision was made to cancel the numismatic eagles to allow all available blanks to be used for the bullion coins"

I really feel the public expected more from anyone in the capacity as a US MINT DIRECTOR, THOUGHTS?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Already being discussed here:

http://goccf.com/t/76952
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05