Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

this is just pushing it  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bryan1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
United States
1381 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive me as I'm not familiar with US gold coinage, but how can you tell it's fake?
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bryan1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
im not saying its fake, there is no way you can find that. There are alot of sellers who are doing this and getting away with it, they are not unsearched coins but coins that were put together and rolled. I have seen various sellers rip off people like this and its sad as they will continue to due so as long as they pay there fees to the bay
Pillar of the Community
United States
3268 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is sad is there are real unsearched bins at local coin dealers; instead of getting off their butt and browsing those lots for FREE, people overpay for all this bogus stuff on the bay
Pillar of the Community
United States
1658 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb8539 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know how some of these sellers sleep at night.
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Russ789 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you notice the pic of the safe? According to the description, the safe was supposedly found in a storage bin. Ummm, it looks like the safe is in someones basement. Secondly, who would put a safe that large in a storage bin full of valuable coins and whatever else? I am not saying it's impossible but come on!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1381 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know that the whole "unsearched roll" thing was fake.

If that quarter Eagle is real, then I don't think $400 is that bad a price for it plus the other junk in the roll.

Sure it's false advertising, but at least the price iswithin the realm of reason.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1381 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, nevermind.

Just checked the bullion value of a Quarter eagle. Turns out it IS quite a big rip-off. Whoops.
Valued Member
United States
417 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that could be a C or D mint. Then it would be worth it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Russ789 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a second roll with another quarter eagle! The luck of these people! ;-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/QUARTER-EAGLE-I...em230cc2f705
Valued Member
United States
417 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
also it says we "found". So how would they guarantee that there is not a single wheat back in there?
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bryan1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
exactly thats another reason, one is maybe 1 in a billion but 2. I can tell you its not a d or a c
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what dadgum coin is that on the other end? it isn't a Indian Head cent, what is it, a civil war token?
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Russ789 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Auction closed at $679!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4875 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow I just watched the end of the auction... Went from $379 to $679! in the last few seconds.
Want to Buy: PCGS Graded 1878-S Morgan dollar (PO-01)
Edited by Canadian-Banknotes
12/23/2010 9:48 pm
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bryan1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
absolutely amazing, lets see the disappointment next week
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05