Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lowball?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 3,888Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19352 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2011  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What's wrong with Blumule31 you guys made him mad.
I'll give you $3.50 for the VDB.

I think this is really starting to become a true LOWBALL coin situation. And I'll go $5 on this one.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2011  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bluemule31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This type of attitude is not warranted, you asked a question and the answers were given, I don't know what else you could possibly want besides what you have already been given.

Hey Bryan... I was wanting an answer in coin terms since we are on a coin forum.....how novel an idea? I received several "generic" answers about lowball that didn't answer my question about the term in numismatic terminology. My initial question derived from reading Bowers' guide to Morgans in which he hasn't explained "lowball" as of yet (about half way through the book).

By the time your reply came I had already received my answer.

Will you dismount from your high horse now?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3592 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2011  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Administrator
Learn More...
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2011  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Admin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bluemule, I don't care what you were expecting, it doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk. This is not your only post with this tone. The Staff has received several complaints about your attitude.

So here's the deal. Shape up or I'll ship you out. My horse is a little higher than Bryan's and I'm not getting off anytime soon.
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2011  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
believe me I am in the trenches with everyone else on the forum and march right beside them so no horse needed. You got an answer about what "lowball" in coin terms meant before you made you remark and I quote
Quote:
A second use of the term is to describe a heavily worn coin that has a very low technical grade ..... say a P01 ... this is known as a 'lowball' coin.

Some folks seek these out and try to collect a series of lowest-graded (lowball) coins.

David

Not sure how you see that as generic, it is what everyone means when they say lowball and they are talking about a coin, so even though the question was "generic" the answers were specific in both cases before you made the ramark I quoted and had a problem with
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8845 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2011  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lowball is not an official numismatic term anyways. It is just a term that fits certain situations outside of and within the Coin World.
It's like saying where is the term "Ripped off" in the glossary of numismatic terms.
Sort of the same thing.
I suppose if after many years the term Lowball becomes the most accepted and used word for a type of transaction, or a condition of a certified low grade coin, then maybe whomever makes up a glossary of numismatic terms, might just include it for our information.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2011  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bluemule31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate those who moderate this forum, mainly because I assume they do not do this for pay. Volunteerism is something that I really do appreciate, whther on this forum or at the local nursing home. But when I referred to lowball, more thorughly, a lowball registry in numismatic terms, does that mean a collection of low grade highly collactaible coins?

I have seen that term many times but no explanation of it.

Men, I apologize for my anger but when you spend almost all of your free time trying to understand everything that you are behind on it becomes frustrating. Many of the acronyms that are mentioned on here are not in the glossary. However, with some diligence, I can figure them out usually.

Believe it or not brian and other moderators, I really do appreciate you guys, no matter how abrasive I may seem. You guys have taught me alot so far.

Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2011  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bluemule31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
apologies accepted gentlemen?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 3,888Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05