Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1882 H Hub Tripled

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1331 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2011  5:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Will add more photos as available. Coin is in a ICCS VF30 holder, probably will be out shortly.I knew something didn't quite look right.
Needs a bath.Check out the last A in ReginAAA.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...TRK:MEWNX:IT

Edited by Zonad
08/07/2011 7:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2011  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cownick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed a very nice addition. Were you able to see the trippling, or did you just buy the obverse variety?
I think items being sold should have a minimum picture size requirment.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2011  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice buy for 20 bucks. Something I could afford.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7791 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2011  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my God...I think I'm going to cry...

That is hauntingly beautiful...

You are truly a master...

Habibani's picture was horrible and you still picked that out...

Bedrock of the Community
10045 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What an impressive coin! From now on, I'm checking all 1882-H for doubled/tripled dies.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zonad...did you know of this variety before..or is this a completely new discovery?

I'm drooling to no end...I wish I could find one :(....

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1331 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a new discovery. Rob Turner and Bill Hall have both said it is the first they have seen, so I figure it to be quite uncommon. I did not know what I was buying but I know ICCS will call a hub doubled coin with Obv2 over Obv1 an Obv1 repeatedly so that was what I was hoping for. I never buy from that seller, but this one looked odd. Lucky, lucky me. Even better than a hub doubled.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1581 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dialog_gvf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That is amazing.

And it makes you wonder about some of those eBay dealers.

Then again, ignorance is how we all pick up the occasional jewel.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2011  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well...to me, that would qualify as one of the best ever finds. I'd take that, over finding a 1906 small crown quarter, any day.

WOW...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2011  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zonad, I will have a surprise for you in the next couple of weeks :)...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1331 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2011  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a more worn example.

Bedrock of the Community
10045 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2011  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow--another great find!
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2011  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dan-in-crystal-lake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zonad you are a LC savant :-)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1331 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2011  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The more worn example was in the 20 or so 1882's I already had. Thanks Dan, any Vicky's interest me. I have been buying 1882's looking for the double hubs, this was just a offshoot bonus.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2011  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm assuming you had assumed it was a type of 1882 doubled (with doubled regina only), before getting the high grade example :)

Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05