Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Angel Token Found

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 110,053Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
891 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2007  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Southern Yankee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is just truly awesome Mila. That story brought a tear to my eye. There is definately someone watching over you and your family. Good luck kkg. I hope things work out for you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2600 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2007  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim1953 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AMEN! See, prayers are answered.
Jim
Pillar of the Community
Ken_3567's Avatar
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2007  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ken_3567 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a cool ending! Congrats to the hubby!

I wouldn't doubt that the token is from Hungary. Angels are depicted on their coat of arms as seen in these two coins.


Angel-Token-Found


Image Insert:
Angel-Token-Found
Pillar of the Community
Ken_3567's Avatar
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2007  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ken_3567 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mila,

I'm not sure if you are still interested but I discovered some new info on your token.

I was helping out with a local charity delivering some food & toys. The director gave me a couple of tokens and said to hand them out to each family with each delivery.

When I looked at the tokens I recognized them as being the same one you had. I asked the director what they were and he informed me that they were "Angel In Your Pocket" tokens that many charities in the U.S. hand out. Kind of like a guardian angel :) So I guess in your guess it worked
Pillar of the Community
Mila_cent's Avatar
United States
1767 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2008  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mila_cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW Ken
That is so cool. Everyday before going out job searching I would ask him
"Do you have the 'Angel in you Pocket'?" Well fitting description.
And still to this day, carries it in his pocket.

Now if only I could find one for myself.

Thanks for sharing
mila_

Pillar of the Community
Ken_3567's Avatar
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2008  05:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ken_3567 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The director gave me two so I have a spare. If you PM me I'll mail it to you.

Pillar of the Community
Mila_cent's Avatar
United States
1767 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2008  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mila_cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Thank you so much, Ken!
email sent.
You're an Angel-Token-Found

mila_
Edited by Mila_cent
01/02/2008 3:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Mila_cent's Avatar
United States
1767 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2008  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mila_cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ken,
The 'angel' (arrived today)is in my pocket now- along the 3rd Predisential
spouse medal and a Morgan!

Thank YOU!
God Bless,
mila_
Pillar of the Community
Ken_3567's Avatar
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2008  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ken_3567 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your welcome, and it sounds like it's in good company
  Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 110,053Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums