Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Happy With NGC Submissions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 952Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
689 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2011  1:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Westwood Arms to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I belong to NGC at the level where you get five free grading/encapsulations per year, so I rummaged through the safe and sent in some coins I was curious about. These are all Mexican coins.

1/4 are 1863/53 Mo LR - AU58 I agree, though was hoping for a MS60.

2 centavos 1929 - MS61BN Very happy with this, second finest certified, a 63 went for $2.5K this year.

5 centavos 1921 - MS64BN I agree, this date is scarce in higher grades (three finer at NGC and PCGS).

20 Centavos 1919 - MS61 I said MS62

50 centavos 1916 inverted and corrected one - MS62 Ecstatic with this, I went AU58. The 1s in the date were struck upside down and then corrected. Amaya calls this inverted ones, I referred to it as ones over inverted ones, NGC calls it a bit differently. This is the first of this variety to be slabbed and might be a rare coin in MS. Duane Douglas had a VF at auction a few years ago, don't know what the hammer was.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1962 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2011  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add realeswatcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you did OK!

Didn't have any of your 1/2R to send in?
Pillar of the Community
United States
689 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2011  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Westwood Arms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My 1/2 Rs collection is not mature, still weighing, measuring, taking pictures, comparing edges etc. which is hard to do when a coin is slabbed. And to be honest, I don't have many outstanding 1/2 Rs.

My first reform (1905-1992) collection however is mature and we're seeing increased interest in high quality NGC and PCGS items from that era ($11.5K for a 1931 5c). Hopefully locking in value by slabbing the interesting stuff.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 952Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums