Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

$2 Replacement Note

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 3,074Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
littlemoney's Avatar
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  12:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Is this worth at least 2 bucks ?

$2-Replacement-Note

$2-Replacement-Note
Pillar of the Community
Canadian-Banknotes's Avatar
Canada
4944 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would give you $2 for it.

AU: $45
Unc: $90
C.Unc: $100
G.Unc: $115
Pillar of the Community
canuck1us's Avatar
United States
1002 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wouldn't that note above fall in the serial # range of notes supplied to the RCM since the Ser # falls between 3460000 and 3519999 and the values be:

AU: $2
Unc: $5
C.Unc: $6
G.Unc: $7

I think the values you quoted are for the circulation issues.
Pillar of the Community
Canadian-Banknotes's Avatar
Canada
4944 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, Your right canucks.

I guess I wasn't paying attention when I wrote that.

Sorry for the mix up.
Pillar of the Community
littlemoney's Avatar
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 bucks or more may have something to do with signatures also.
Valued Member
Canada
497 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2011  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add west- canuk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was this series issued with the toonie in a case ?
Pillar of the Community
littlemoney's Avatar
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2011  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No.
Pillar of the Community
mcshilling's Avatar
Canada
9896 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one of the #BRX3504277 in mint shape that I got from the Coin Show years ago ( 199? ) can't find my receipt right now but I seem to recall that I paid $50.

The $2 bill and coin set, the bill #CBK9088369 date of issue 1996
Pillar of the Community
littlemoney's Avatar
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mcshilling

I'll be darned, I was at same coin show. My note is also mint shape. I also got the set bill #CBK9093091 & I don't remember what I paid either.



$2-Replacement-Note



$2-Replacement-Note
Edited by littlemoney
11/28/2011 5:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
mcshilling's Avatar
Canada
9896 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep that's the one I have.
Pillar of the Community
canuck1us's Avatar
United States
1002 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2011  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The BRX notes with the serial numbers I mentioned above were issued to the RCM from the Bank of Canada. These were either issued as singles with a proof 1996 toonie or as an uncut pair with the 1996 piedfort toonie.
Pillar of the Community
littlemoney's Avatar
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2011  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


$2-Replacement-Note
Pillar of the Community
mcshilling's Avatar
Canada
9896 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2011  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you littlemoney, I know it was worth more than $2, even at $300 I'm NOT selling.
Pillar of the Community
canuck1us's Avatar
United States
1002 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2011  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The information on the BRX Bonin-Thiessen notes posted by littlemoney relates to the circulation issues BRX 3520000-3579999.

The BRX Bonin-Thiessen notes issued to the Royal Canadian Mint BRX 3440000-3519999 do not carry that much of a premium over face value.

The BRX note pictured at the start of the thread and the BRX3504277 both fall into the latter category and have a Charlton catalog value in the highest grade of about $7.

There is also this chart showing the split of the serial numbers at http://coinsandcanada.com/bank-note...91&id_cat=18

The Thiessen-Crow BRX notes don't have that much of a premium either but they are shown as being worth more than the BRX Bonin-Thiessen notes issued to the mint.


Pillar of the Community
littlemoney's Avatar
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2011  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure neither mcshilling or I would sell at 7 bucks just the same.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 3,074Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Forums