Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1936-S LWC Grade

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 852Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
pman860507's Avatar
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  7:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pman860507 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
How would you grade this coin.

1936-S-LWC-Grade

1936-S-LWC-Grade
Pillar of the Community
coinsearcher83's Avatar
United States
1361 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd actually go with MS-63 BN, but I really can't tell on Brown coppers if they are MS or not. I don't see any wear on this one, though. Just a weak strike?
Bedrock of the Community
BadThad's Avatar
United States
20052 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AWESOME COIN!

I love the subtle woodgrain on the obverse and it's virtually hit-free. The stupid TPG's are harsh on coins like this...they consistently T me off. I think they'd have to 64 it because there's hardly a hit, they normally 63 these due to the splotchiness. I don't care how they grade.... I'd call this a 65BN.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
Bedrock of the Community
BadThad's Avatar
United States
20052 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent pictures BTW! I'm loving this coin!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
Pillar of the Community
acloco's Avatar
United States
3540 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am with BadThad on this....and I don't like woodies! Cannot argue with the strike on this one. NICE!
Bedrock of the Community
SHAFTA9a's Avatar
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  06:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slight wood grain, lovely looking brown Lincoln, MS-64BN
Pillar of the Community
pman860507's Avatar
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2012  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pman860507 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thad,
When I upgrade this coin (if I ever do) I will send it to you
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 852Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums