Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Help With Attribution

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,079Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  3:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have been looking for this coin I received from an uncleaned lot for some time now. I think I finally found a match but...the match is unidentified. http://www.forumancientcoins.com/au...asp?ID=50215

I have been thinking it is a Valens. Do any you pro's know?


Help-With-Attribution

Help-With-Attribution
Pillar of the Community
Bing's Avatar
United States
4253 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is an Honorius AE3, possibly RIC 157, Alexandria, or a RIC 153 from Antioch. But let me look a little deeper.
Edited by Bing
02/10/2012 3:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
Bing's Avatar
United States
4253 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is the RIC 153 from Antioch. I believe I can make out AN__ in your mintmark.
Pillar of the Community
VisigothKing's Avatar
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No doubt in my mind it's Honorius.
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree Honorius from the Antioch mint. Nice detail.
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are amazing! Thanks a bunch! I hope I am able ID coins as well as all of you someday. This is my first Horonius! I think I have his brother Arcadius somewhere. I will try to dig him out and post him. Now, back to the Honey-do list:)
Pillar of the Community
MartiVltori's Avatar
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MartiVltori to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definately Honorius.
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is an Antioch mint. Below is a sharpened image where you can see the "N" and just maybe a "T" and the left side of an "A"

Help-With-Attribution
Pillar of the Community
jessvc1's Avatar
United States
2596 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jessvc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks like a nice one.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,079Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums