Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1953 50 Cents Grade Opinion...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,690Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1984 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  5:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I don't do much with silver coins but I am hopeful about this one. This is the same coin I buried in a thread about the Waddington's auction. Any views on the grade? I got this unattributed in a bulk buy....



1953-50-Cents-Grade-Opinion...

1953-50-Cents-Grade-Opinion...
Pillar of the Community
trout1105's Avatar
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks AU with nasty toning
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9903 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the best photo,appears to be NSF small date
AU nicely toning
Edited by DBM
03/01/2012 9:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1984 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I apologize for the bad photo. I will try to do better tomorrow. But the fields are mirrored and the highlights are frosted when you see it in hand....and the marks are mostly toning, not wear marks. I think this is PL/Specimen. Am I totally out to lunch?
Pillar of the Community
coincollect1's Avatar
Canada
1731 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I would like pics from over top of the coin. And other angles just to tell what grade it is
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1984 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New pictures, but I am not sure they are much better! The coinj looks a lot better than the photos suggest.



1953-50-Cents-Grade-Opinion...

1953-50-Cents-Grade-Opinion...
Pillar of the Community
coincollect1's Avatar
Canada
1731 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks PL
Pillar of the Community
Peter4805's Avatar
Canada
993 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2012  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Great toning.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,690Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Forums